Kipper discussion in general

Grizabella

December is coming along - I think about doing a 3x3 Kipper monthly forecast for practise.
Anybody likes to join so we may exchange? Who'd be in? Individual threads?

I'll definitely go join the 9 patch thread when I finish this post.

I've been fiddling around with my Kipper and it's really quite informative. Almost more so than Lenormand for some reason.

One of the things I've done is to lay out a GT with Houses with the Kipper. In just reading the cards like I would a Lenormand, it seemed to me like I was getting more concise information than I do with Lenormand.

I did do a couple of 9 patches, too. I haven't taken as much time with Kipper since I'm also getting ready for Christmas guests and doing more beadwork than usual right now, so I probably haven't progressed as far with it as I might have if I were less preoccupied.

Genna

This post was posted in the wrong thread, so I have changed it and moved it to the new Kipper 3x3 December 2016 thread.

Belinda2

Kipper book in English

I am about to buy a book on Etay that a how to book about how to read and use Kipper cards The author is from Reunion island off of Madagascar. While you can pick up a lot from the internet getting most of ones information from one source is easier . Anyway I am looking for ward to getting the book.

Barleywine

I also intend to get Ciro's Kipper to use in combination with my Gilded Reverie Lenormand. Right now I'm not sure whether I'll mix the decks together or shuffle them separately and assign the Kipper a special role in a spread that I will design.

Grizabella

Look who's here--Mr. Barleywine! Welcome to the group. :)

I'm thinking of using both together, too. I tried mixing them together but that didn't seem right to me. I might try it again but first I'll try using them separately but I'll probably do that later on.

I think you'll like the Kipper. It's different to read with but I think in a way it's even more concise than the Lenormand for some reason I'm not sure of yet.

I made myself a spread cloth for Kipper and did a Kipper with Houses like with Lenormand and it really impressed me. I'm not ready to do that spread professionally with it yet but I just couldn't resist.

Barleywine

Gilding?

I've been following Ciro Marchetti's deck development for some time, and seem to recall that there would be no more mass-market decks with gilded edges. But when I was searching for the Fin de Siecle Kipper on Amazon today, it says this is a gilded deck. True?

Gwynydd

I haven't been using Kippers for long. I have the Mystical, and the Kipperkarten. I have found the all cards spread so amazingly accurate no matter who I read for! The cards are easy to learn the meanings fairly quickly. I've found it more straightforward than lenormand.

Asher

I am about to buy a book on Etay that a how to book about how to read and use Kipper cards The author is from Reunion island off of Madagascar.

First of all, I think you'll get the book faster if you order direct from Lulu (the publisher). I ordered via Etsy, took a week to ship, then another week to arrive (from Lulu).

The book is in desperate need of a native English speaking editor. It is full of grammatical errors commonly made by someone who speaks English as a second language. Very distracting.

The majority of the book goes card by card, combining the card with the other 35 cards. I feel I could have done this on my own, and just as well. The section on reading the cards, while brief, may be the most useful.

I bought it as it is the only full-length book in English on the Kippers, but I am a bit disappointed. As always, your mileage may vary.

Belinda2

First of all, I think you'll get the book faster if you order direct from Lulu (the publisher). I ordered via Etsy, took a week to ship, then another week to arrive (from Lulu).

The book is in desperate need of a native English speaking editor. It is full of grammatical errors commonly made by someone who speaks English as a second language. Very distracting.

The majority of the book goes card by card, combining the card with the other 35 cards. I feel I could have done this on my own, and just as well. The section on reading the cards, while brief, may be the most useful.

I bought it as it is the only full-length book in English on the Kippers, but I am a bit disappointed. As always, your mileage may vary.

Thanks for telling me about the books drawbacks. I will mostly likely get the book which can give me a beginning base for study( I don't have time for extensive study using the Internet nor YouTube right now.

Padma

I've been following Ciro Marchetti's deck development for some time, and seem to recall that there would be no more mass-market decks with gilded edges. But when I was searching for the Fin de Siecle Kipper on Amazon today, it says this is a gilded deck. True?

Yes, the deck is gilded in silver edging.

And Grizzabella, I think you might be finding it more informative, because the cards in the kipper are more concise, with particular meanings. So for instance, whereas Fox card in Lenormand could be a hard working labor type person or job, or might be a trickster, or might be a red haired person, in the Kipper deck you have a Toil and Labour card, and you have a separate False Person card. So it is more to the point, more specific, you don't have to guess so much. Just my view.