Hecate Spread

Rhiannon

I was thinking of the Goddess Hecate and what her symbols are and what they mean when I came up with this spread. It may need some refining, but the gist of it is this:

1. The Self: you can use a signifcator or shuffle and draw a card.
2. the Key - This card is mysteries that will be unlocked.
3. the rope - this card is what binds us for good or ill
4. the dagger - this card cuts through our illusions
5. torch 1 - maiden: raw power/beginnings
6. torch 2 - mother: creativity/growth
7. torch 3 - crone: endings/rebirth

The spread is in the triple goddess/moon shape because Hecate is considered to embody all 3 aspects of the Goddess, maiden, mother and crone. Since Hecate is mostly considered a dark Goddess today, I think this would be very appropriate for a dark moon circle.

R :)

WalesWoman

I really like your questions and the positional meanings and the timing is really good. It's a full moon, but I was thinking of the pagan spring rites (just from reading novels, not personal experience other than howling at the moon ones) and how heavily the moon does control our bodies and emotions and thinking in general, no matter which Goddess stage we are in. I like especially that the last position is of endings and rebirth, rather than outcome, as if nothing is left to happen. This allows anything and everything to still be possible. Not to mention, it really appeals to my whimsey.

SongDeva

I'll give this a try for my shadow work.