Study Notes: Valens Anthology

RohanMenon

"The rising times measured in degrees crossing the MC, is converted directly to years. So in the above examples Virgo would have a rising time of 35 years for the calculation, whereas Aries would have 25 years. So if the four signs in the square aspect are short ascension, the total life span might be 70 or 80 years, quite common during the second century CE, according to some experts. However with Signs of Long Ascension the total 'years' might be 120, which is virtually impossible in Valens era (and almost so today)"

This was the missing piece.
Thank You Minderwiz. Very helpful, as always.

RohanMenon

Shelving astrology studies for a while

Life is suddenly "interesting" (as in the old Chinese curse) and immense ramp ups at work and health crises in the family mean I don't have the time or energy to undertake my daily explorations of astrology till the interesting times abate.

This thread is temporarily halted (from my end, anyone is welcome to contribute). I hope these study notes, and more importantly Minderwiz's amazing answers, help people who tackle this fascinating text. When life is less frantic, I'll return to this thread.

Till then, have a great time everyone.

Minderwiz

I added a best wishes comment to your other thread. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Be careful not to become too stressed, it won't help you or your family. I know that's easy to say but I know from long term stress at work 10 years ago and family health stress now, just how debilitating it can be. Take care and Good luck!

RohanMenon

Thank You for Minderwiz

your best wishes are *greatly* appreciated.
I should be back in 3 months (max, more likely 2). Just need to get through the next 7 or 8 weeks in one piece.

Thanks again. I'll "see" you soon.
Till then, take care.