What deck is this? Collage style art deck. Distant Past Tarot

Le Fanu

And it's not flimsy. I don't have the smaller one but the larger one shuffles very well. I think it's fabulous in the large size. Can't imagine it any smaller - I'm so used to this size now.

CharlotteK

I also have the poker size and the large. Cardstock on the large is smooth and great quality. I love both versions I have of the deck and have no regrets at all about the terrible shipping costs I paid to the UK. Although it's the same deck the difference in sizes and cardstock make them handle differently and I still use them both regularly.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Cocobird55

Mine is out for delivery today. Looking forward to it!

Carojulie

And it's not flimsy. I don't have the smaller one but the larger one shuffles very well. I think it's fabulous in the large size. Can't imagine it any smaller - I'm so used to this size now.

I also have the poker size and the large. Cardstock on the large is smooth and great quality. I love both versions I have of the deck and have no regrets at all about the terrible shipping costs I paid to the UK. Although it's the same deck the difference in sizes and cardstock make them handle differently and I still use them both regularly.

Thank you very much for the feedback !

Cocobird55

I thought I was getting the deck sooner, but there was a mix up at the mailboxes. I do have it now and I'm thrilled.

While I was waiting, I looked at all the scans that I could find, and just doing that made me feel peaceful. That's not a usual feeling for me these days.

Anyway, the whole deck also gives me a sense of peace. It is beautiful. I have the medium version, and like the linen effect on the cardstock. It's very easy to shuffle. It is easy to read -- very RWS. That usually bothers me, but in this deck it just seems to fit.

The deck doesn't come with a book, but there are cards with a key. There is a separate one for the majors and for each of the suits.

I've added this deck to my reading table, where it will rotate with my Tarot Definitif, the Fountain Tarot, and the White Rabbit Oracle. So glad to have this deck.

Lee

I received mine a few days ago and yesterday did some readings with it.

I'm very pleased with the deck, it's certainly pleasant to read with. Of course I like the blues but all the colors are nice and vivid. I still have some of the same reservations I expressed earlier about gender balance and about the Hierophant, but these considerations don't really arise when one is actually reading with the deck.

Like Cocobird55, I ordered the medium ("tarot size") deck, and I find that size works well for me. The cardstock is interesting - it's substantial but not stiff, in fact it's a bit floppy, which I like, it makes handling the deck a pleasure. And of course the linen finish is great.

My favorite card is the 2 of Cups. It shows a young man leaning over to kiss the cheek of the young woman seated next to him. She holds a book in her lap and seems to turn her face away from him, as if to say, "yeah, whatever, now can I get back to my book?" :D

Carojulie

Hello !

Update : my large edition Distant Past arrived, and I love it !
I am so glad I got both sizes. The pocket size is very good for carrying around, shuffling, etc... but the large size is EYECANDY ! Wow these images, when they are large like that... all this blue..... stunning !
And, the cardstock is good ! not flimsy in the least, and also it has this pleasant smooth finish that is a pleasure to handle, and is a little rare (I only have two decks with this smooth texture : the Mermaid tarot, and this large edition Distant Past)

Thank you to all of you who enabled me on this deck !

:)

CharlotteK

Hello !

Update : my large edition Distant Past arrived, and I love it !
I am so glad I got both sizes. The pocket size is very good for carrying around, shuffling, etc... but the large size is EYECANDY ! Wow these images, when they are large like that... all this blue..... stunning !
And, the cardstock is good ! not flimsy in the least, and also it has this pleasant smooth finish that is a pleasure to handle, and is a little rare (I only have two decks with this smooth texture : the Mermaid tarot, and this large edition Distant Past)

Thank you to all of you who enabled me on this deck !

:)
Great choice of sizes and am glad you love them!

magicjack

Mine just arrived a couple hours ago . I went for the regular tarot size cards and this is the perfect size for me as well. This deck is an easy read I can already tell. It's nice to have a deck around with the different titles . I'm not a big fan of the Connolly deck so this is perfect.

lightpers

Ah so envy, mine still in shipping and i can't wait anymore haha, seeing the online scans and some photos from AT members here made me drooling of this deck, so soothing and calming, can't wait it arrive asap;