Treppner Course? or Melissa's Lenormand 101?

ZKEI

Could anyone who have experienced on either or both of these courses please point out advantages and disadvantages, especially differences between both of them?

Which one would you like to choose/recommend if you need to further your knowledge on the Grand Tableau (or even on general reading)?

FYI, I have used both Grand Tableau and Sylvie's No Layout methods in my reading and found they are quite useful in different ways. However, I just do not want to miss something if it really advances my skills especially for the Grand Tableau (taught by both Treppner and Melissa). Moreover, right now, it seems to be another chance to get Melissa's Lenormand 101 registered with the discounted price.

Thank you very much in advance.
:)

Flaxen

I have done both. :D

They are both fantastic Lenormand courses packed full of information.

With the Treppner you get lots of Word file explain the card meanings, the different combinations and different spreads - including the Grand Tableau. It is very comprehensive and you can work through it at your own pace. It is based on sound knowledge and is easy and clear to understand.

I really enjoyed the Lenormand 101 because it involves screenshots, videos etc and felt more interactive. That is partly because I find I learn best by seeing something demonstrated. The expectation is that you can allow your intuition to flow a bit more when it comes to combinations once you have the basic meanings sorted. Be warned there are different meanings for some cards between the two systems. I find that I can relate to some of Melissa's meanings for certain cards and the Treppner for others. The Grand Tableau section is wonderful!

Both courses have a preference for the 9 x 4 layout and spend more time explaining that method for the GT. If you have a strong preference for the 8 x 4 + 4, you may need to adjust the advice slightly.

If you can afford to do both, it is worth it as it all helps to add to the Lenormand understanding. Good luck! :)

starlightexp

I just ordered the Treppner Course yesterday. I think I chose it because a lot of people here have said real good things about the foundations of the course. I've used Silv's book but wanted to get a better understanding of the more traditional way of reading. I'll let you know what I think of it when I start :)

starlightexp

So just half way through the first lesson of thTreppner course and am really liking it. The first lesson is 22 pages and I'm loving how it is organized. She starts with painting the broader strokes first before getting finer with them in future lessons. Also it's illustrated which is nice so it shows some of the layouts and all the cards. All in all so far I'm a very happy student.

Astraea

I have no experience with Melissa's course, but I have great respect for her and cannot imagine that her course would be anything less than superb. The cost seems quite reasonable, so I echo what Flaxen says: If you can afford it, do Melissa and Treppner. Maybe not at the same time - for me, in Lenormand as in other fields of endeavor, it's more workable to lay a foundation with one method before moving on to another. But you might be a person who can juggle different approaches with ease from the get-go.

The Treppner course appeals to me because it builds steadily and concretely, one precept upon another, until an entire structure has been built - at which point, it's fairly clear how to get around within any layout, from the 2- or 3-card combos to the Grand Tableau. My intuition works best when it has a "thrust block" supporting it, which is what the Treppner method offers.

Perhaps Melissa's course does the same. The Treppner course is essentially a textbook, whereas Melissa's seems to be interactive and directly engaging. Your personal style and learning preferences would be important factors in making your decision, but - if possible for you - I imagine that having access to both would be lovely.

starlightexp

Does Melissa's course require an internet connection? I think what I mean to ask is are the videos and all only available to you if you are logged in or are they a download that I could take with me places to study.

Lee

Does Melissa's course require an internet connection? I think what I mean to ask is are the videos and all only available to you if you are logged in or are they a download that I could take with me places to study.
I just received the course materials. The videos are on the website, you have to go there to watch them. I don't think you can download them.

starlightexp

Hmmm I'm not a huge fan of relying of something I refer to always be online. So many things shift around on the web. Does it look like the online stuff is needed for the course of is it just a reiteration of the written material?

Lee

I haven't watched it yet, but I think the "meat," if you will, of the course is in the videos. Melissa suggests we watch them all at once if we can set aside the time. The pdf documents are reference material to supplement the videos.

tarotmama

Hi!

No one has asked to download them before, so I'm not sure if it's possible or not. They are flash files. I'm not sure if you can just click and save it! I'll ask my web support person for some insight about it.