Most accurate deck you've used?

CelestialHorse

I am going to say the Rider Waite for me :)

olivia1

And I am going to have to agree :) but universal Waite and radiant rider Waite were accurate too. And so was the Morgan Greer, Anna k, and the Vanessa tarot. And the fairytale tarot by magic realist press was good. So I trust them all but when it comes down to it, I think I've had highest number of consecutive accurate readings with my rws or rws clones and that is why rws is one of my most favorite decks ever

Grizabella

My current favorite and most eloquent deck is the Tarot of Sweet Twilight. It's just a fantastically chatty little deck of cards and I've had wonderfully successful readings with it so far. I find myself reaching for it every time I have a reading to do for a client.

BeyondtheVeil

Most accurate decks that I have used/use.

For personal readings, I haven't tried them for reading for others, are Mythic Tarot and Sacred Rose.

I find DruidCraft, Anna K, Hanson-Roberts, Daughters of the Moon, and Dance of Life Tarot decks are all great accurate decks. The Daughters of the Moon deck was pretty "in your face' direct though. :)
Ironically, I can't read with the Rider-Waite decks, but have no problem with their clones. :laugh:

I just bought the Ghosts & Spirits Tarot deck and absolutely love the cards. I will let you know how they read once I do a reading with them.

I think that the best and accurate tarot decks are the ones that the reader really bonds and connects with. It will probably be different for a lot of readers. I also have different decks for different things, but I suppose they would all work well for any type of reading that I chose.

BeyondtheVeil

Chiriku

I don't quite understand your question. A deck can't be "accurate" in of itself the way a knife can be inherently sharp. A deck has to be used in order to determine its resonance, and the use is all in the user, not in the object (the deck) that is used.

And note that I use the word "resonance" because I question the idea of "accuracy" to begin with, as well. What is "accuracy" to you--in tarot readings or in life? (The way we might question "truth").

BeyondtheVeil

ThunderWolf

I don't quite understand your question. A deck can't be "accurate" in of itself the way a knife can be inherently sharp. A deck has to be used in order to determine its resonance, and the use is all in the user, not in the object (the deck) that is used.

And note that I use the word "resonance" because I question the idea of "accuracy" to begin with, as well. What is "accuracy" to you--in tarot readings or in life? (The way we might question "truth").

I was thinking pretty much along these lines myself. Though I must admit that I do believe readings can exhibit accuracy. But I don't believe for one second that it's because of the deck you use. I feel, rather, that it's (as mentioned) how well you resonate with the deck you use (not to mention the reader's own natural talent).

Back around 1989 and a few years prior when I first began to delve into reading the tarot I was unable to find anything but the RWS available, so that's what I bought.

It was like "Oh cool! Tarot cards!", but I never connected with the deck. It just left me feeling flat, and to this day I can not read with those cards. Even knowing what the symbolism on them is about they just seem to land in non-sensical positions in a random form that makes no sense when read together.

That being said, when I came upon the Ellen Cannon Reed Witches Tarot years later I used the book for a while not realizing how to read without it, but my readings were still accurate. I really connected with that deck! And when I did learn to read without the book it was with that deck, and I've done some really accurate readings with it too.

More recently I purchased the Legacy of the Divine deck and instantly felt more connected to it than I have to The Witches Tarot for some time now. I don't have as much experience reading with it, but the accuracy does seem to be there.

So, I posit that it's not the deck but the reader's connection, or resonance, with the particular deck.

Chiriku

ThunderWolf, if you could feel a strong resonance with the Ellen Cannon Reed tarot, that's a great example of the "accuracy" (however one defines it) of one's deck being reader-dependent and reader-specific because, as you might know, many people have complained of that deck's inability to connect with them...or rather, vice-versa.

Glass Owl

I was thinking pretty much along these lines myself. Though I must admit that I do believe readings can exhibit accuracy. But I don't believe for one second that it's because of the deck you use. I feel, rather, that it's (as mentioned) how well you resonate with the deck you use (not to mention the reader's own natural talent).

Yes, I totally agree. A Tarot deck -and it doesn't matter which one - is a tool and how it is used is up to the reader. Sure, there are some decks that I really like reading with - such as the Fenestra - but does that mean I feel that those decks are somehow magically more *accurate*? Nope. Do I assume that those decks will/should work *accurately* for someone else? Nope.

One of my ex-boyfriends liked fishing and he kept on buying fishing poles, he must of had at least 50 of them. But he wasn't catching anything and he was always blaming the poles. Even when he bought the most expensive poles out there he still wasn't getting good results. The thing is, he wasn't devoting himself to learning about the other aspects of fishing and to be patient, he was spending all of his time in the fishing store. He was looking for that short cut, that quick fix, and as far I know he is still buying those poles and not catching any fish.

So bottom line is, I think the same can be said about decks. Sure, there may be some decks out there that have imagery that one really "clicks" with and may make some aspects of reading easier I don't think that there is a "magical" deck that I can buy so that I can wake up the next day and suddenly be a 100% accurate, skilled reader. About a week ago I did a reading using my Old English and I totally was wrong. Looking back on it yesterday I realized that the reading wasn't wrong like I thought it was, I had misinterpreted what the cards were telling me. So the cards were spot on, it was me - the reader - that messed it up, mostly because I was too invested in the outcome.

I too question the word "accurate" because in some cases it can be subjective and may even depend on how accepting one is of listening to some truths that they may not want to hear. Plus, how can you say a predictive reading is accurate if you take steps to change a "bad" outcome and then it doesn't come to pass? Tricky stuff.

Here are a few really good threads where others talk about the issue of reading accuracy that you may find insightful.

Some readings 100% on the spot accurate, others not?
What if not 100 accurate?
How accurate are your readings?

Thoughtful

The deck that l resonate with that gives me accurate readings every time is the 1JJ Swiss, its always bang on the nail. Other decks l have used in the past seem to start of ok then somehow leave me wondering what the heck they are trying to say, like they play with me then leave me stranded, they switch of my intuition. As for RWS l have tried many times to get a sensible reading from them but they leave me cold (sorry you RWS fans!).