Section II of Liber E

Αρσιησισ

Anyone here ever work with the exercise given in section II of Liber E? If so, what are some of your results?

http://www.ordoaa.org/pdf/l009.pdf

I rarely hit the nail on the head but more often than not I wind up in the general vicinity ...for instance, I'll call Atu VI, The Lovers, & the card will turn out to be 2 of Cups, Love.

Grigori

I haven't tried, though notice it come up by accident often when reading. I think it would be a good activity so will give it a go and post my results. If you hear silence for the next few weeks, it was because they were shameful :laugh:

Aeon418

Grigori, as a Tarot reader you've probably already had some experience of this exercise. Have you ever known what a card was going to be just before you turned it over? That's what you're trying to tap into here. When it happens it doesn't feel like a random guess, does it?

Consciously doing it is harder because your mind will start offering (un)helpful suggestions and guesses.

Always Wondering

I tried the basic suit prediction. It started off good, 3 for 3, but quickly fell apart. I think as Aeon418 suggested, my head started "helping" me.

3. Remember that one should expect to name
the right card once in 78 times. Also be careful to
exclude all possibilities of obtaining the knowledge
through the ordinary senses of sight and
touch, or even smell.
There was once a man whose finger-tips were
so sensitive that he could feel the shape and position
of the pips, and so judge the card correctly.

I found this fascinating. It got me trying to observe how I interact with the world. I knew sight was important to me, I can't stand the phone, and struggle with clarity online. I always feel blindfolded.
I didn't realize how much touching I do though.
I've gotten more insight out of this than the experiment.

AW

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
Grigori, as a Tarot reader you've probably already had some experience of this exercise. Have you ever known what a card was going to be just before you turned it over? That's what you're trying to tap into here. When it happens it doesn't feel like a random guess, does it?

I don't often know what a card is before I turn it over, but frequently know the card before I shuffle or draw it. Which leaves me worrying if the reading has any value, or did I just "call up" the card I "expected"?

Αρσιησισ

Out of 52 draws yesterday I had 2 right ...Atu XVI & 3 of Discs.

Always Wondering

Grigori said:
I don't often know what a card is before I turn it over, but frequently know the card before I shuffle or draw it. Which leaves me worrying if the reading has any value, or did I just "call up" the card I "expected"?

Or maybe you are just getting to know yourself better. And anyway, knowing before you shuffle is technically the same as before you turn it. Maybe I am missing something here, but does it matter what came first, the concept/energy or the actual pulling of the card? It sounds like you are getting more organized to me.

Αρσιησισ said:
Out of 52 draws yesterday I had 2 right ...Atu XVI & 3 of Discs.

You did better than I, considering I used the basic suits. Plus you stayed with the science, I gave up too quick. I will have to try again. This has been interesting. Thanks for bringing it up.

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
Maybe I am missing something here, but does it matter what came first, the concept/energy or the actual pulling of the card?

I guess I just feel that if I'm thinking "Ace of Disks" which shuffling and then I draw Ace of Disks, that may be more "directed" by myself and perhaps not so reliable as the answer is coming from me and my own ego, rather than whatever it is I think gives the answer when a card comes out more randomly.

Drawing a card and then knowing it after its drawn, still feels like I had less conscious control over the card drawn. Which to me feels like allowing more influence from that thing greater than I.

Always Wondering

Oh, okay. Like your brain is "helping"?
Maybe you should do the experiement in reverse. :laugh:

But why were you thinking of the Ace of Disks to begin with? })

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
But why were you thinking of the Ace of Disks to begin with? })

Oh dear. Something just imploded in my head :laugh: It's like one of those movies with a time traveler, and if you ever see your "other time" self the world ends. I just had one of those moments :laugh: