Three (3) of Pentacles as Feelings

GoddessArtemis

I get this card a lot for how someone feels about me. I don't quite understand Pentacles in romantic scenarios, aside from the earthy, dependable, physical aspects of things.

So what could 3 of Pentacles mean as feelings?

GA

Apocalipstick

Quick thought: a desire for permanence, or taking a relationship, of whatever kind, to the "next level".

GoddessArtemis

Apocalipstick said:
Quick thought: a desire for permanence, or taking a relationship, of whatever kind, to the "next level".
But is that a feeling? If all I asked was, "what do they feel about me" and got that one card?

GA

Anyankah

Feelings are often complicated and a feeling like a desire, which is a kind of feeling, can be expressed by what it's about rather than what it is.

I might read this as desire to plan/work together to create good things or as a feeling of being judged, albeit positively.

Grizabella

Anyankah said:
Feelings are often complicated and a feeling like a desire, which is a kind of feeling, can be expressed by what it's about rather than what it is.

I might read this as desire to plan/work together to create good things or as a feeling of being judged, albeit positively.

I think this might be what the 3 of Pentacles does mean about feelings for you. It's quite a complicated thing, as Anyankah says, and feelings are often all tied up with desires. Sometimes it's hard to separate a feeling from a desire because the two are so closely related.

Thirteen

GoddessArtemis said:
I get this card a lot for how someone feels about me. I don't quite understand Pentacles in romantic scenarios, aside from the earthy, dependable, physical aspects of things.

So what could 3 of Pentacles mean as feelings?
Well, let's take a look at it as not-feelings and see if we can translate it. Classic Rider-Waite has this as the craftsman's card. It indicates someone who has no real money of their own to finish a project, but is working hard and carefully to gain approval from those who do have money to finance him.

I would translate this to mean that this person feels that they have to work hard to gain attention and approval from you. They feel that you have power and they do not. They're working on impressing you. Given that it's pentacles, they may be doing this by earning money or making something, or improving how they look (working out, dressing up).

As you got this card, they must feel that they're close to getting what they want from you. And they must also feel that whatever you're going to give them in return is worth the effort.

Does that make sense?

Joss

Could it be possesiveness?

I'm thinking in the bussinesman that wants to retire but he wants to make sure he has the right person to take care of all he has built.. And he is having a hard time to let go of "his baby".

I'd say he wants to keep close to you "just in case.." not really having a defined feeling for you, but as an asset for him.

mollymawk

I don't think so, Joss. That'd be more 4 than 3, if the emphasis was on possessing.

star-lover

what deck are you using?

in my deck (cosmic) the 3 of coins shows some workmen frantically working on a project which has been planned before - it's like they are striking whilst the iron is hot and working fast to build whatever it is that has been drawn up by the architect

"work in progress"

it also has a karmic feel for me - like something being worked on from a past life experience

in a relationship this card says to me that both parties are working together as a team on something they know they have to do together - obligation also comes into it for me but they are willing to put the effort in

just my 2 cents

GoddessArtemis

I used the Druidcraft deck.

I like what all of you had to say, and it made sense. Thirteen's idea of "working hard to impress" was interesting, and perhaps relevant, in this particular case.

The idea of karma is also one I haven't heard in relation to this card, but it may be..although I don't know how the person would feel that about me..since karma is not a conscious thing.

These are all such good inputs and help me a lot, because this card always confuses me.

Thanks so much. :D

GA