Orphalese Tarot Software

purple_scorp

Hi gregory,

Sorry, I posted when you were posting so didn't see your post. Glad to see that you registered. :)

When you connect to the Orphalese Tarot Zone, it automatically checks to see if you have the latest version installed. Up in the top left-hand corner of the screen, it will flash if there is a more recent version available for downloading. (It only flashes for 20 seconds or so). But it lists the version number (currently 6.5.4) which you can compare with the version installed by right-clicking on your deck and clicking on About.

with love
purple_scorp

Blue Fury

purple_scorp said:
Hi Fury :),
I'm registered on Orphalese as the same user-name that I'm registered here. So, make sure you say hi.

with love
purple_scorp

Hi Purple_Scorp, I am not terrifically technical but love to fiddle with stuff and usually end up learning the hard way :) I just love the challenge though...

I am also regsitered under the same user name at Orphalese, so will hail you next time I'm there. I'm at work at the moment so shouldn't really be logged on here at all (surreptitiously looks over shoulder at boss) ;)

It's not easy being a tarot addict is it?

love Fury x

Mimers

Still not available for Mac users :(

gregory

purple_scorp said:
Hi gregory,

Sorry, I posted when you were posting so didn't see your post. Glad to see that you registered. :)
At that price ? Who wouldn't ?

purple_scorp said:
When you connect to the Orphalese Tarot Zone, it automatically checks to see if you have the latest version installed. Up in the top left-hand corner of the screen, it will flash if there is a more recent version available for downloading. (It only flashes for 20 seconds or so). But it lists the version number (currently 6.5.4) which you can compare with the version installed by right-clicking on your deck and clicking on About.
I am very stupid this year; ordinarily I would have thought of that. Now one other small thing - when I run this (I usually use the programme when NOT on line actually ! so would you if you had our phone line !) it only upgrades what I have (which started with ToD) doesn't it ????? I seem to recall going through this with Richard last time, but where I stored the info I hate to think !

purple_scorp

Hi gregory,

I'm on a dialup telephone line too, my connection speed today is 37.2 Kbps - I know how frustrating slow links can be. :)

So, do you know what version you are currently on? You don't need to be connected to the net to find this out. Simply open Orphalese. Then, right click on the deck and click "About" from the menu. It will say "Version Information: Orphalese Tarot 6.?.?"

If you are not on 6.5.1 or above, then you may be missing some fantastic new features and I would highly recommend you download the latest version - which unfortunately means connecting to the net and going into the Orphalese Tarot Zone.

Once you have the Tarot Zone displayed, click on the floppy disk "Version 6.5.4" in the top left-hand corner of that web page. A screen will be displayed asking if you wish to Open or Save the file. Click the "Save" button and it will then display another screen which allows you to select which folder to save the file to. It doesn't really matter where you save it, you just need to remember where you put it, so you can later run the upgrade from that same place. (You might like to save it to your desktop, because then you will have the upgrade icon on your desktop.)

After the download has completed, you need to close the Tarot Zone and Orphalese program before running it. The file is called tarotexe.exe. You will then need to remember where you stored the file, and simply double-click on the filename (tarotexe.exe) to run the upgrade.

Once the upgrade has been completed, you need to re-register the program (so you will need to be connected to the net for this). When you click on the Orphalese icon to open the program, it will automatically display your registration details with a button to click on to re-register. It should come back and display that registration was successful.

Unfortunately, you need to re-register each time you install a software upgrade, but other than that, you don't need to connect to the net at all (unless you want to go to the Tarot Zone forum).

I hope these instructions are clear enough for you to follow. If you have problems, post in here again, or send me a pm, and I will help you work through it.

with love
purple_scorp

p.s. Mimers, now that Richard has the pc version stabilised, he may get some time to work on the Mac version.

Mimers

purple_scorp said:
p.s. Mimers, now that Richard has the pc version stabilised, he may get some time to work on the Mac version.

That would be wonderful! I will keep checking!

Antenna

Blue Fury said:
Hi Purple_Scorp, thanks for the tip off about upgrades. I have just registered and look forward to many many happy hours of fiddling and tinkering and tarot fun :D

Trouble is, it is hard enough to get me away from the laptop as it is, I can see my social skills taking an even bigger pounding from now on. Oh well...off to play with my new toy :) ...

Fury x

PS love your idea about using it for journalling your readings

blue fury dont worry about the social skills part. u wont be neglecting them as the more u learn on the software i guess u will be in a hurry to share and interact with fellow members who are using the same software for their views and advice. and the best part about internet is u get to interact with more people at one time rather than going out. i have the same problem as you. i like to stick to my laptop most of the time if i can help it.

aestus

purple_scorp said:
Hi Fury :),

I should also say that the programmer is talking about including a feature (in a coming version) whereby you can email your electronic reading to other people. As the card and reading notes already cater for your interpretation vs the lwb interpretation, I can see how powerful a feature this emailing function would be when doing something like a reading exchange here at ATF. The recipient doesn't need to be a registered member of the Orphalese software to read the email/reading either. I think they will be able to use a cut-down, free version of the software. And, he is proposing that you can send images of the cards too.

with love
purple_scorp

I too have just registered with Orphalese and I am very impressed with the software. It will never replace the cards for me but the electronic version is quite something. As for being able to email the readings to people, that option now exists. When you spread the cards on the screen, it allows you (somewhere in the options) to do a screen capture in Rich Text Format which is then easily sent by email. I am not on my home computer now or I would tell you exactly how to get there... I just don't remember the details.

Even if I don't use the digital decks for readings, it is cool that I can lay those same cards out in electronic form and send that off instantly to the person... or do a printout for that matter.

I also really like the "compare cards" function. It allows me to select any of the decks I have downloaded and compare the same card from each deck.

I have found that with some of the decks I disagree with the order of the cards, particularly the court cards. My favorite physical deck is the Cosmic Tribe Tarot, and I prefer to switch the ordering of the knight and the princess. It's a minor detail, but it works for me. With a little computer savvy, it is quite easy to go into your folder with the decks in it, and rearrange the cards to suit your preferences. That way when I compare decks, my Cosmic Tribe Knight is compared to all the other appropriate cards, as arranged in my own little universe.

I could go on and on about the things I like about this software, but I must get back to work. It really is worth the price.

Aestus

Lee

Welcome to Aeclectic, aestus! :)

-- Lee

December Fairy

After you have paid for the software, if something happens to your computer and you need to download it again.
How do you show you've paid?
Just wondering.
Seems like we have to reinstall everything now and then.

I hope I wrote that so you understand what I'm aksing.