Ludy Lescot-least favourite cards

Hemera

Well I must of course start with the dreadful Stabbed Baby Card (SBC as Essjay called it in that other thread) Three of Swords. It will be most interesting to learn if there is a story behind that scene and if so, what it is.

The Lovers is pretty awful,too. And so is the Strength. Lots of fangs but I can´t really see any logic in it. What is Loving or Strong in those faces? Hmm..It remains a mystery untill someone in our esteemed Study Group will crack the code.

Elendil

Well Strength turned up as a Daily Draw Card when I used this deck a couple of weeks ago and I wrote some of my ideas about that card then - but I will wait until we reach it in sequence to say more... I also had some thoughts on The Lovers when it turned up in a spread...

There are quite a lot of cards that I dislike on an initial flick through the deck - but I think they might just grow on me as we study it together and I get to see what others make of the whole thing.

The 3 of Swords is the cruellest and most horrific scene of them all.

Aerin

I think the Fool.

Why?

Well, it's a Pied Piper figure and ?he? looks sly to me, the way he is looking out of the corner of his eye at all of those mice/rats/whatever swarming towards him. And what's with the hen tethered to his belt? poor thing. I am not sure if he is the same or different from the clown in the six of cups, but I wonder.

The clown in the 6 pf Cups is also creepy.

Essjay

Lol, yes the SBC is my least favourite in this deck. Not at all a deal breaker but fairy horrible. Am also not loving the 6 of Cups either as I'm not a fan of clowns at all, and child clowns? Not at all.

Judgment is not a favourite either - it doesn't seem to gel with the rest of the deck to me but once we've looked into it a bit I might see the connection.

Hemera

It´s strange that there are so many cards that so many people don´t like and yet this deck seems to fascinate many of us.
I mean, normally I´d never even consider a deck that has so many majors that I don´t like. AND that has a SBC on top of the several awful Majors})

Essjay

So true. There's something about this deck that draws me despite the cards that I dislike. It's a first for me - normally it only takes one or two "off" cards to make my mind up about a deck. I'm intrigued by the whole thing.

Aerin

I think for me it is this sense of a story, it isn't just separate cards but hangs together somehow. That makes it more like stills from a film than separate pictures, so a few weird cards just make it even more interesting.

Hemera

I think for me it is this sense of a story, .
Well, for me it was when Aerin told me it looks like there´s a story.
Thanks pal }):D

I really*really* hope my deck arrives tomorrow from Alida..I´d love to have it for the weekend..

olarte

I agree,

I just got mine today and the same thought came to me...

in fact it would have been great to have a companion book with a Narrative of sorts ...

I think for me it is this sense of a story, it isn't just separate cards but hangs together somehow. That makes it more like stills from a film than separate pictures, so a few weird cards just make it even more interesting.

Aerin

I agree,

I just got mine today and the same thought came to me...

in fact it would have been great to have a companion book with a Narrative of sorts ...

I would have agreed a few years back... but now I rather like LS decks because the only manual they tend to come with is the deck itself... it's an interesting puzzle isn't it?