Ludy Lescot-least favourite cards

Hemera

I would have agreed a few years back... but now I rather like LS decks because the only manual they tend to come with is the deck itself... it's an interesting puzzle isn't it?
Absolutely. I quite agree. I´ve had decks spoiled for me by a know-it-all companion book :D that I disagree with.
In retrospect I´m glad the Sweet Twilight has no companion book because I doubt I would have bothered to study it in such depths/lengths had there been one.

MaineGirl117

The card I dislike the most is the 6 of Cups. I just can't get beyond the tear on his cheek and the canal setting he's in. What in the world is he doing in a place like that without his mother?

A story comes to mind when I see this card. I was living in Washington DC during a semester of school and I had ordered Chinese food to be delivered to my dorm room. When the food showed up, it was a young child delivering it without her parents around. The child couldn't have been older than 7. I was FURIOUS that a young child had been allowed to roam the streets of DC without an adult - who knows what could have happened to this poor soul in a city of derelicts and crack heads. What made it worse was the hand she extended out for a tip. I felt torn in two because clearly this was part of the game. Send a cute kid to deliver the food, get a bigger tip. But the money wasn't going to the child, but to the parents who had allowed her to wander alone on these streets!! But what do I do? If I sent the child back without extra money, would her parents yell at her? She hardly spoke English, I couldn't even tell her to tell her parents where to stick their parenting skills!!

All I get is riled up when I see this card. The LWB doesn't help any either..

Learning from your errors means growth. Not today, however

A bit presumptuous to outright state that today (or any day) is not the perfect day to learn from your mistakes. Every day is an opportunity to learn, even if you don't like the lesson.

Sheesh.

TheLovers2

Me too

So true. There's something about this deck that draws me despite the cards that I dislike. It's a first for me - normally it only takes one or two "off" cards to make my mind up about a deck. I'm intrigued by the whole thing.

I totally agree! There are a few cards I don't like, as well. However, I just KNEW when I saw the scan of the 3 of Swords that it would be the card that would cause me not to buy this deck. I just could not see myself reconciling this. Then, lo and behold, I go the store where I had ordered 3 decks, including the L.L. (thinking I'd never really buy it) and to my surprise even though I could only buy one that week, I chose the Ludy Lescot. Go figure!

But, I am sooo drawn to this deck and I, personally, really like the "notes." They are so absolutely thought provoking!! Without them the deck would have a lot less substance for me.

tarotenthusiastako

i have this deck and i did use it a couple of times and i get mixed results. one of this days when i get free time i'll use this cards to do a reading but i think the image in this card is very intuitive enough the only problem is that it has a dark atmosphere on it which suits this card for reading about someone's "shadow".

MaineGirl117

I have found while working exclusively with this deck that it really *sticks* with people who ARE willing to work with their shadow. It also helps if you happen to be studying/worshipping a dark goddess like Hecate (to name ONE).

The 3 of Swords often acts like a comedy routine with me. I will see this expression, or make this expression myself at some point after drawing this card! It can be because I almost hit an animal in the road, or because I have to go to the bathroom so bad I can't hardly stand it! It really lightens the 'heavy' feeling normally weighing with this card in a reading.

I often feel like the deck is one big comedy routine. Dry humor and sarcasm welcome. I hope both of you give the deck a fair chance to astonish and amaze you! Check through the postings here and see what we've already commented on/illustrated as interpretations! She really can be quite literal.. and to me at least, that's a breath of fresh air!

La Force

The Cards I honestly disliked ( The High Priestess, Judgment and the 3 of Swords.) So I decide d in my study for this deck, to hit up them up first, to explore why I hate them so much, and in doing so I unknowingly discovered, and realized what they meant to me, I tried a new approach to help work through them, buy grouping them 1 - 10. The most troubling card at first was the 3 of Swords, I ponder it while I took one last look before it hit the trash can, then I noticed the window. which transported me to a time in my life that was so traumatic. allowed myself to feel that pain again, to bring light back into the card. Posted my story in the thread for the 3's, I carried on with this method with the other two cards. I am still working on Judgement. however so far I have a much better view on the card then my first impression.