Helpful Book for R.W. Deck

spinningspider

Hi folks,
Are you all familiar with the book, "Tarot Plain and Simple," by Anthony Louis?
I find it invaluable to use with the Robin Wood deck as he uses her cards for illustration. Plus, he has excellent reversed meanings for her cards. All in all, a book I'd recommend reading from cover to cover...and then to continue to use when studying/reading from the Robin Wood deck.

annik

Yes, I have it. I haven't consulted it in a while. But I remember that when I had read it, it had helped me to go a little bit further.

doreen

Another great book!

Another great book for use with the RW is "THE TAROT REVEALED"by Paul Fenton Smith.
Doreen.

spinningspider

Thanks so much, Doreen. I didn't know of that book and will check it out.
Jenny

Lewen

I have "Tarot, Plain and simple" but have not heard of the other book. I will check it out and see about obtaining it. :)

Lewen

Also, Robin's own book that goes into detail on why she drew/painted/created what she did is also helpful. I have found that understanding why she chose a particular color and what it meant etc. has helped in bringing the cards alive and helps my reading too.

Pao

spinningspider said:
Hi folks,
Are you all familiar with the book, "Tarot Plain and Simple," by Anthony Louis?
I find it invaluable to use with the Robin Wood deck as he uses her cards for illustration. Plus, he has excellent reversed meanings for her cards. All in all, a book I'd recommend reading from cover to cover...and then to continue to use when studying/reading from the Robin Wood deck.

yes i have this book and I love it. it works perfectly with the deck i think. i hope to get robin's own book soon too!

Lewen

Pao said:
yes i have this book and I love it. it works perfectly with the deck i think. i hope to get robin's own book soon too!

Let me know if you do, I'd be happy to go through Robin's book with you. I like to know the story behind the cards. I like to combine a variety of study techniques for the cards so if you're interested, let me know.

spinningspider

Study Robin Wood's Book

I'd like to join you all in studying from Robin Wood's book...which I own, too.
How shall we begin?

Little Baron

Louis's book is exactly what it says it is.

I like it a lot because it doesn't over-complicate anything.

I also bought it at the same time as I got the Robin Wood, but I found that it wasn't actually tailored to that decks images, even if it is illustrated with them.

A good book though.

LB