8 yr old daughter wants a deck

prettypiscesmom

My beautiful eight year old wants her own tarot deck : )

She has grown up watching me with my tarot cards, my faerie wisdom deck, crystals, candles, etc.

She is always asking me to teach her and I have shared with her some things..

I'm thinking of getting her (and me too!!) "The fairy-tale tarot" I've browsed thru the images here and think it would be a good one for her...

Any suggestions for any other decks... Obviously I don't want anything too dark, no nudity... but I do want to gift her something....

love and light...

prettypiscesmom

Thank you : )

We are fairy lovers in this house as well.... And that she would LOVE the unicorn oracle...

I'm seeing some gifts in her future....

Amanda

Cardlady suggested The Girl's Guide to Tarot for me the other day in a thread where I was trying to identify a card deck I saw for my 5 year-old daughter.

I went with Fantasy Fortunes for now though, which is more of a novelty oracle until my daughter is a little bit older to start trying to understand tarot. But she sees me with my cards and wants to get in on it, so I thought this would be fun. :)

ETA: I think the Hanson-Roberts is child-friendly also.

ETA2: Oops, I guess Glass Owl already mentioned the HR deck. Well... there's vote number 2 for it. :D

Glass Owl

prettypiscesmom said:
Thank you : )

We are fairy lovers in this house as well.... And that she would LOVE the unicorn oracle...

I'm seeing some gifts in her future....
My daughter loves her Unicorn Oracle... it is a very sweet, uplifting deck. The Cat and Dog Wisdom cards are adorable too and she took them to school one day for show and tell and the others kids loved them.

We took some Bella Sara cards and created a few oracle decks with those. She has her own cards in a makeup travel case that she keeps with my decks, although she often looks at my cards and we use them to tell stories.

Oh, my daughter also really likes my Vanessa Tarot. The cards are sassy and cute (although be sure to check out the Devil card which may be a bit suggestive for your taste.) Plus, it helps that they are in a tin.

Raindance

What about the new Rabbit Tarot? It sounds like fun to me.

Glass Owl

Oh, I think that the Gummy Bear Tarot comes in a tin too. I bet my kid would like that one...

Oh, wait now that I have seen the Halloween I know that she would flip over that one. She likes spooky things (including movies like Coraline, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.) Maybe that's why she likes my Sweet Twilight deck.

sapienza

I'd say the Whimsical, if it's still available. My daughter loves it and we share the stories together. We don't use it as a tarot though, just as a tool to tell stories. I'm actually not a fan of children using tarot for any kind of divination, but that's probably a topic for another thread.

I'd also have to disagree with the Hanson-Roberts, there are a few images in that deck that, despite it's overall 'fluffy bunny' type of feel, that are not so child-friendly.

Halloween is another cute one that may be ok.

prettypiscesmom

Glass owl.... funny you mentioned the Bella Sara cards, that's what I thought of when I saw the unicorn oracle....

I appreciate the time and the great suggestions from everyone... I've never heard of the gummi bear tarot....

I have heard of the halloween tarot though.... will have to check out those images....

I'm definitely getting her the unicorn oracle..... and am going to decide on a tarot deck for her this week.... I will definitely share what I decided : )

ETA: Amanda.... how cute are those fantasy ones??? Might have to get those as well... can't beat the price.... She is a competition dancer... what a fun thing to take while traveling...