50 dollar sign up fee to read at live person, is it same at others?

HOLMES

I signed up,,and signed up as expert taking it nice and slow at live person.

the spiritual/religion section is the only section that you have to pay 50 bucks up front, it is a plus though you can use the paypal account if you do not have a credit card.
there is 48.000 under tarot search so it would likely be a long time before you see a return on your investment.
i did see some people under the tarot search under medicine, under other expertise but the numbers are so low that i am gathering that the live person lets the people who try to read under anything else go.

is it the same at other sites?

Grizabella

Wow, it's not good enough to fleece readers out of half their pay, they make you pay to sign up now, too! Criminy.

OOnaOwl

No, LP is the only one I know of that charges to join. They actually weren't even taking new advisors in the spirituality category for several years until very recently. When the economy crashed, they had a huge influx of folks who wanted to try their hand as an internet psychic. I believe this is why they weren't accepting for a while, and same reason why they now charge.
When you are signed on to accept clients for chat or phone, you will be moved up the queue. It takes patience & diligence, but if you put in the time you will get clients. Many readers work multiple sites. That is what I am doing in order to make this a full time profession.

Yineth

Not familiar with many other sites, but Oranum doesn't have an immediate fee necessary for you to pay to work there. However they take 50-60% of what you make, so there's that

HOLMES

yes

I was also wrong with the numbers,,
underneath tarot search for live person there is only
1,1784 with 284 of those being cartomancy.
the 48,420 number must be an all ecompassing number of tarot, channels, psychis , that has ever signed up at the site,.
still 1,1784 might be hard to get started.

i would rather pay 50 up front then have 50 to 60 taken from my fee though !!
yineth do you know if it is consistenly that amount taken away or if it like only until a certain number is reached, or time period ?

Yineth

I was also wrong with the numbers,,
underneath tarot search for live person there is only
1,1784 with 284 of those being cartomancy.
the 48,420 number must be an all ecompassing number of tarot, channels, psychis , that has ever signed up at the site,.
still 1,1784 might be hard to get started.

i would rather pay 50 up front then have 50 to 60 taken from my fee though !!
yineth do you know if it is consistenly that amount taken away or if it like only until a certain number is reached, or time period ?

From what I understood, there is no 'cut off' line. Oranum is currently promoting that Experts (the Readers on the site) can earn up to 55%. I don't know if this includes their promo deal of referring a friend (which gives you 10% extra earnings)

Officially, the lowest price you can charge sitters is 99 cents a minute. Highest I believe is 9.99 but most people settle into the 2-3.99 range. The site recommends its Experts to clock in 14 hours a week to keep a decent flow of earnings/face time with their sitters.

I haven't gone through the final steps of becoming an Expert at Oranum, but maybe some time after the 21st I'll have more info to give. Bottom line: Oranum doesn't charge fees, but the money they take away seems pretty steep.

[Now this just begs the question of why I would even want to work for them now :p]

HOLMES

i was also wrong

there is also a service charge of 45 percent for chat/ phone sessions besides paying 50 bucks up front.
so if i earn 500 ,, i will get only 275 of it.
that is quite diseheartening.

Grizabella

there is also a service charge of 45 percent for chat/ phone sessions besides paying 50 bucks up front.
so if i earn 500 ,, i will get only 275 of it.
that is quite diseheartening.

That's how those places work. And it gets worse. On some, if the person who got the reading doesn't like their reading, they can challenge it and "the customer is always right" so you get their fee taken out of your pay. Or if they happen to use a debit card that somehow gets through but has no money on it----again, you lose the money out of your pay.

Those places are billion dollar places where the worker gets the messy end of the stick, so to speak. I'm happier with trying to just work online and face-to-face with my own website and chutzpah. (a lot of nerve)

OOnaOwl

I have been checking out a lot of other companies, and LP is the only one I have found to charge the 50 bucks sign up. I don't see the additional fees and administrative charges as outrageous-such as the percentages etc. They provide readers with a vast & varied market of clients who are ready, willing & able to hire you for services. They do all the market research, SEO configurations, technical platforms, advertising, basic bookkeeping, basic website building & more. To me, this is more than worth the price-at least at the places on line that I choose to utilize-Keen, LivePerson, BitWine, LifeReader. I have had a website for my business for 4 years that I built myself, linked it to all kinds of places, blogged, etc-and I have yielded VERY little return for my monthly/yearly investment in it (monetary and otherwise). I set it up thinking I would be able to help tons of folks from around the world from there, not so. I know others have thriving personal websites for readings, but I don't know what their secret is? I have done everthing that I have researched one is supposed to do to make it a success.
For me, working on the hotlines is vastly more satisfying. I am getting clients, helping folks, they are happy & I am happy!
I made back the 50 dollar sign up fee within a week plus extra.

OOnaOwl

That's how those places work. And it gets worse. On some, if the person who got the reading doesn't like their reading, they can challenge it and "the customer is always right" so you get their fee taken out of your pay. Or if they happen to use a debit card that somehow gets through but has no money on it----again, you lose the money out of your pay.

Those places are billion dollar places where the worker gets the messy end of the stick, so to speak. I'm happier with trying to just work online and face-to-face with my own website and chutzpah. (a lot of nerve)

Good on you Grizabella! You have made quite a name for yourself here on AT, so I've no doubt you can make it work for you.