8 year of reading at the powwow, 2015

HOLMES

Hey guys

this is the 8 year reading tarot at the pow wow this year..

i didn't get to the grounds to about 340 .. or almost four due to getting groceries, and other things.
I missed prime hours well sometimes prime hours for readsings which is 1 to 3..
and it was windy.. and almost cold, and i was worried oh joy,, perhaps i will get 30 bucks today (yeah i can get pessmistic ).

so after i almost set up,, a customer showed up., and another.. (i have a ritual of shuffling every decks i take down before getting ready as usually no one shows up for a reading sometimes for an hour ).
and another one.. and thankfully they were all taking 20 to 40 dollars leaving me with over my goal of 300 today.

Ah reading that stood out.. (you may remember last year i started to ask for message while i shuffle the cards for the client )

one lady came for a reading,, and i said i am getting flurry animals,, and the message brother to which she said got a little emotional over. (i think it was the flurry animals was the trigger ).

one card reading another client asked for ok but it was over quick ,and so i can expanded with the 1 plus 7 , equal 8, for the start, 8 plus 10 equals the moon, and the 9 minues 1 makes for the sun. Using the old numerology system to expand the card meanings.. it was an of pentacles reversed i think.

Not every amazing moment came from psychic impression before the tarot reading though..

I was reading for this young man,, and the soul message card was the 5 of pentacles reverse,, and i said you lost someone yes.. and he said yes. Recently and he said yes.. and he said he lost both his god parents the year before. And i shared with him how the parents watch what he does and they do support him. (and there was emotion).

One amazing reading was for a lady,, we went thorugh the ritual and i was shuffling, and i kept hearing husband, husband or recieving husband husband,, in my mind.. and it was like someone then told me, (not that i hear actual voices but i guess it is like i hear voice ) tell her he lovers here.
She went all awww, and i just smiled and she said he just proposed to her yesterday i think.
And i was like wow to myelf,.

When the 7 of cups showed up,, and looking at the future i said in 2 months you will have a social gathering to where he prove his quality..
and her eyes went big and she siad ,, “we are going on a trip in two months, it is already planned. '
now i know is didnt' say trip ,, but it worked.

For the 10 card readings (which i charge 40 )..
and using the deck of a thousand spreads with my other tarot.. i realized that if i get stuck on the first card putting down 3 to 4 more cards with the deck of thousand spreads, i would get a complete reading ,, and then the other 4 to 5 cards would be a differnt subject or flow of energy i mean.

Oh interesting.
One lady who is very traditional was getting a reading and we came to the soul message. And she goes to sweat lodges, and other things. The soul message was death card reversed..
so i said you dream before hand when people die a lot, and she said with big eyes yes.. and i shared that is the creator preparing you to help them pass on as we talked about gifts .

Alas i forget the rest of the clients.

Also about 720 pm i started to lose my energy so after that i only got abou3 3 more readings. We packed u then and i got home about 930. .

As i sit here i request we have an even better day. .and let me share that other pros must know, it feels good to have people say, you were great, you were good,”. Especialy since in every almost instance the card meant something to the, except for once..
and in that case after doing the next card i came back to the previous card that made more sense now.

celticnoodle

Wow, Holmes and congratulations! Sounds like you had a very prosperous and wonderful day there at the Pow wow. You did a wonderful job and yes, it is always good to hear from your clients that you did a great job with their readings. Is this Pow Wow going on all this week, or was it just one day? If it is continuing, I do wish you more powerful and prosperous readings there as well. Good job, my friend! :thumbsup:

HOLMES

thanks celtic noodle

it goes today as well, there is storms tonight forcast but some sun this afternoon. so my primes will be from 1 to 6 insteads of 3 to 9. that s if the population shows up.

I had a list of spreads that I used for the card prices.
1 card for 10 , 3 cards for 20, 5 cards for 25, 7 cards for 30 10 cards for 40.
I couldnt' find them yesterday,,
so my mom took a book binder, that had some plastic int and made the pricing with marker and put in there, and it looks nice and simple.
and for the first year,, I put in energy healing for 30 for 25 minutes. hmm no one took it yesterday, but to be honest I mostly only showed them the prices.figuring when the time is right someone will see that particular pricing.

so as a result,, I didn't waste time explain the spreads that I had picked out for the 3 cards spread or the 10 cards spreads (which was just the celtic cross or the hopscrotch spread from innerchild cards book ).
and they didn't have to read the spreads to decide if they wanted them or to see what the cards say.

and if memory about everyone but one I think,, took the what cards say approach. and they sat there patientl while I shuffled the first deck, which I usually started when we were talking so it didnt' that long.

I did find myself new the end of the day going over mentally regrounding and raising my vibration after I ate, or had talked to someone passing by when a new client showed up.

hope today goes well.

AJ

thanks for the annual update. How many decks do you take/use?

Thumbs up for reaching AND exceeding your goal.

HOLMES

i didn't exactly count

i took a cooler full of cards..
innerchild tarot
tarot of the midsun vampire (i actually forget the title)
Llewelyn classic
morgon greer
hanson Roberts,
the pictorial key to the tarot,
the wizards tarot
the witches tarot
the nativeamerican tarot
universal waite.
radiant waite
the thoth in white box
talking to heavenoracle
ghost tarot
gendron tarot
two crom mirati tarots (the first one and sequal i think )
steampunk tarot
ancestral tarot
first boheiam gothic tarot
robin wood tarot
hudes tarot
new palladini tarot
aquarian tarot
and about tenmore
Connolly tarot

tarot i thought about taking down but didn't as i went thorugh my tarots
zombie tarot
Sherlock holmestarot (well these i didn't hink about taking down )
the hobbit tarot
dark fairy tarot.
a different vampire tarot
Halloween tarot (despite doing an really great reading with it last year ) .

tarot that i didn't take down that i used, was the vampire tarot by place, the other Doreen virtue oracles, the Doreen virtue first tarot (the keywords written on the tarot i found were distracting me ).

and i didn' t go through my tarot coolers which has stuff like the poppy tarot, magickal tarot, , dream power tarot, new golden dawn, sephiroth tarot, and others that i can't really name right now eh.

but yes aj,, i use many tarots,, for the sole purpose of changing the tarot isnt' to show off to the consumer though some are impressed with the amounts of tarot..
the reason why i do it for new people who read this is i find that the previous energy, impressions would be still with the tarot when i read for the next person.. so as a result i find it best for me to put away the tarot for the day. and it keeps my mind clear and fresh i feel to use a different tarot for a different person.

come to think of it i don't know how i got through the first year as i only had like 6 or so tarot if i recall right. .
edited to add, the rest were in storage at the time as i had moved.

celticnoodle

Wow, you do take a lot of decks with you for this pow wow! :) It sounds like you choose the deck you decide to read with each time you get a new customer. You don't allow the customer to choose? You know, if you are concerned with energy residue, you could also get a crystal, such as selenite to put on top of the deck after it is used, to clean the energy again. Do you ever use crystals or have them set up near your reading table?

I imagine you also take plenty of water for yourself to drink, too and some grounding meals to consume in between customers?

I also wish you continued luck at today's Pow Wow. I hope you do as well as you did yesterday or even better! Be sure to update us and let us know.

As for the energy healing that you offer, can I ask how you go about determining and executing this healing session? Do you see auras, Holmes?

RufusJ

Ah, this sounds so so cool! I'm so glad you shared this, and that it went well for you and your clients. :)

HOLMES

the second day is over

The second and last day of the powwow,,

ah celtic noodle, I have reiki and quantum touch with some pranic healing so if someone had taken the healing process , i would of asked where the pain was and did some laying of the hands.

The person chooses the deck by the bag, design and colour which was made for me over the years by tarophelia,, except for two that were in the box,, the gendron tarot, and the ghost tarot which i had in bags before but i had to take one of the bag for i found a deck that had no bag when i was getting my tarots ready.
So i used to have them pick up every deck and look thorugh it til they found a deck they liked,, then about last year i had them pick who colour they liked, whatever catch your eye i say.

It isnt' so much energy residue but that is a part of it,, i foudn when i used the same deck,, in a differnt reading for a another and saw the same card,, my mind went to the previous reading, to see if the same meaning was here aka a common theme of the day. And if i used the same deck over and over for differnt people i wouldn't be use to my inuition as my mind would of got in the way.

As for eating, and drinking fluids, i can't due to my girth,, i am unable to use the bathrooms down there so i kind of put myself on fasting or slowing down,, i did eat some , like a taco bag, and a burger, and did have two pops but that was it.

--

ok i went down early ,, like was down the hill by 12 30 and was ready to read by 1.

it was about an hour before i got my first customer, who was a relative but she only sees me about twice a year.. so that started it. Then other person i knew got a reading who only get a reading at the powwow from me once a year. Then my aunty got a reading,, and first a couple years ago i thought it was pity readings, but i realize that my aunty and my other friends value my readings so i appreciate that.

And it was pretty well cold for a summer day on the lake in august,, due to the colds winds and the lake that we have a pow wow near, most people had their spring or fall jackets on..
at one point the sun did come out and where i was sitting it was like the sun beamed at me. :)

so let me share some things off the top of my head.

There was a causcian lady who i noticed in a nice white powwow regalia so i asked her if i may take her picture and she said “i started dancing in 1973 over 40 years ago, and i haven't drink alchol since. , and she adopted two native boys and turned them onto their way of life. She also said she was humble for she spent ten years being a nun for mother superior who followed mother terea. And was told to do the work and not be noticed. : she came back and posed for my picture and she liked the photo.

So let's get to readings. eh.

One person asked for a one card readings.. so when before doing the reading i got the message, brother , (which i took that her daughter had a brother ) and serpated.
So i asked :is that your only child and she said no i got some more, and i asked “one them is a boy. “
and she said yes he is dancing right now “ and i said “and he is 12 “ and she said yes “ and i said “and you are worried about him “ and she said yes “ then i asked “ and are you seperated “ and she said yes.
(I know it sound like a scene from a movie and it surpised me)

And then i explained that i got brother which i had image that your daugther had a brother, and that you were seperated.

Then i turned over the first card and position, and for the life of me i can't remember what the cards were,, i just remember it prompted to share “ he feels guilty that the seperation is his fault, and you should tell him , that some people need to take a break and if they dont' get back together it isnt' meant to be, but it is no way your fault as mommy and daddy love you, “ and possibly added in something else. And i said you probaly already told him but you got to keep telling and then remind him for he will eventually come around. “
And i do remember the last card from the soul message was “the 8 of cups reversed. “ and i said you are planning to move “yes”: and i said you want to make sure you are not getting a fixer upper so check everything the pipes, and make sure you tie all loose ends for you know whever we go, our problems go with us, until we deal with them “. and she left.

I do remember about the reading as well it was the last one, so i was just packing up for the day ,, and i was actully hurrying through the shuffling when i reminded myself or someone reminded me that she deserved me to slow down and see if i get any messages. And that calmed me. Oh funny thing it was getting dark so i have to move the card around to try to see what it was in the light eheh.

I did a reading for boy who wanted a reading so he went and got his mom, (if the guardian is there,, the i allow that.) as i told the boys what the cards meant , he was just big eyed,, and nodded and didn't say much,, but the mother was saying that is so true,, he does soon as he watches sometime on the news will tell me about it. And at the end of it,, she said that was amazing for you don't know him.
Gee i wished i could remember the cards. I remember now that i said when he was 4 or 5 he got sick , like pneomonia or flue.. and the mother saids, he broke his leg under the kneebone so had to have surgery. And from there i said yes he went up to the heavens ,, and came back he was difernt more loving of the heart and more senstive.

I can share the special moment with my buddy. We see each other only once a year currently when he comes to the pow wow and get his cards read.
We were finished his reading, when all the suddent i said , you were close to your grandmother right and he said yes.. ok get another looney and i will read for you 3 cards of the talking to heaven cards and he said ok i will go the looney afterwards.
So he said . And we went through the ritual.
And i forget what other two cards were, the one was the tears cleans the soul,, and i explained that,, and i said from the soul message was new understanding so i said she is getting new teachings that one can only know when they have passed.
Oh and i remember one of the other oracles cards was soul mates so i explained when he passes she will be one of the first he sees. And that in his next incartion she will be there as father to his daugther or cousin to his cousin or perhaps he will be the grandparent this time.

And at the end he said “that is amazing for when i saw the grand entry , he remembered his grandmother dancing and how she used to flow across the dance floor” so he got emotional so it was like she had talked to him from that one card,, and i could sense some emotion came up for him but didnt' mention and you know try to be go one as possible

despite the cold day,, it was a beautiful day with big winds for the big winds kept away the bugs .
And interesting enough despite the population being low, and miserable weather ,, I score at the end of the day 305 .. when before i thought i was just going to do half my goal, or may just 200.

i did bring down two crystals , and my small crystal ball that i put there to reground myself now and then when i need it , to help me focus in between some readings.

I also said to myself “ i will not devalue myself and change my prices “ as some said that is expensive.. and i siad it outloud for my mom “ yes dont' do that,, the prices are the prices”.

In retrospect i am just thankful that the readings went well, i reach my goal, i didn't get that bitten from bugs, and had some good laughs with people.

celticnoodle

Good Job, Holmes! I am glad that you reached your goal and had such a good day with the readings. :)

Smiling

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the pow wow this year! It's always a pleasure to read about the connections that you make and your process during your readings.
Congrats on reaching your goals, too. :)