Doreen Virtue Decks changes and such

gregory

You evil, evil gregory! ROFL

OK, just so you have an idea, here is a video of her. (She's the one on the left.)
Oh god (;)) I never saw that before. I may be going to be sick...

And Radleigh's waistcoat is just... EEEWWW.

EmpyreanKnight

OK, just so you have an idea, here is a video of her. (She's the one on the left.)

Oh wow, thanks for the video, FLiz! Finally, a sweet and gentle Tarot deck that is perfect for tender souls like me. And they even took out any frightening card that may bug me! I have to admit that I was still a bit intimidated by their Angel Tarot deck, but the way they described how warm and soothing the Guardian Angel Tarot is, this might just be the holy grail I'm looking for.

And it is even gilt-edged! You're such an angel, FLiz. This is going straight into my wishlist. Thanks!

EmpyreanKnight

And hey look, it is even available in my country. I had to import most of my decks, but this one is sold right here, so I may have it delivered soon and by next week I'd be able to give anyone in this thread warm, gentle readings with it. This is fate, I'm tellin ya. :love::angel::love:

FLizarraga

And hey look, it is even available in my country. I had to import most of my decks, but this one is sold right here, so I may have it delivered soon and by next week I'd be able to give anyone in this thread warm, gentle readings with it. This is fate, I'm tellin ya. :love::angel::love:

Please tell me you're kidding, because if not I might travel all the way to the Philippines just to strangle you. })

EmpyreanKnight

Please tell me you're kidding, because if not I might travel all the way to the Philippines just to strangle you. })

I said that for the lulz, tho I have to admit I was transfixed by the gilt edges for a minute back there. :p

FLizarraga

Oh god (;)) I never saw that before. I may be going to be sick...

And Radleigh's waistcoat is just... EEEWWW.

I actually have this video downloaded to my computer, and watch it every time I feel down, just for quicks. It's one of the most unintentionally funny-creepy things I have ever seen.

Aging is a part of life, and I'm no spring chicken myself, but there is something weirdly unsettling about people who go through all that trouble to make themselves look younger, only to dye their hair such an unflattering shade of black. It gives them an eldritch quality of unmeasurable age. Jurassic is the word that comes to mind...

FLizarraga

I said that for the lulz, tho I have to admit I was transfixed by the gilt edges for a minute back there. :p

I figured that much, but irony is such a fine balancing act that for a moment I thought we had lost you... :p

Hay House production values are actually pretty impressive. I have all of Colette Baron Reid's decks (which are impressively good, especially the very first, the Enchanted Map) and... don't laugh at me... DV's own Angel Tarot Cards. (Yes, the one with all the unicorns and the Pegasus. Stop laughing!). All nice, solid boxes, good cardstock and decent gilding jobs.

Alta

I think I watched this when it first came out, but watching it again I had clearly forgotten how horribly hilarious it is.

AnemoneRosie

That video is horrifying. Did they colour-coordinate on purpose? FLizarraga you totally nailed it on the hair, too. They're like some weird almost-Addam's Family, but not quite.

And, also, they don't even pronounce "tarot" properly! (Is this an American thing?) Like the word is so icky and scary that they just can't do it. I couldn't even make it to the funny parts :(