Mel's Old Fashioned Pips & Courts and Homemade Baked Goods

SolSionnach

Very happy to have this thread started... :)

I'm up for some of that roast beef... :D

Melanchollic

2 of Swords

2 OF SWORDS

Nickname - "Schism"
Element - Fire/Water
Temper - Choleric Phlegmatic
Power - all
Timing - random
Movement - random
Direction - North South axis
In the cycle of a year - none
In the cycle of a day - none
In the cycle of a life - none
Sex - both
Similar Cards - 6 Swords, 8 Swords, Queen Swords, 7 Coins, 1 Coins, King Coins

Like the Ace of Coins, this card is Fire/Water. The poor dignity of the 2 of Swords however can not reconcile the opposing Powers (dry/wet, hot/cold). Iamblichus calls the 'Two' the source of all differences and inequality. The 2 of Swords shows us a situation where there is a complete lack of commonality. It could represent any manner of separation, conflict or schism. The extreme negativity of the low ranking Swords make these differences most likely irreconcilable.

Short Example Reading

The Querent asks: "I'm not satisfied with my current auto mechanic. Would Pete's Garage on Willow Brook Ave. be a better place to get my car serviced?"

Card #1 (The Querent) = The Sun
Card #2 (The Quesited) = 2 of Swords
Card #3 (How they interact) = The Tower

Judgement: The querent is positive and optimistic (The Sun), but there is some sort of problem with the garage. Pete's doesn't seem to have their act together, and there is some sort internal conflict at the company (2 Swords). Doing business there would be disastrous (The Tower).

Bernice

Mel: Where you say "Similar cards", you're referring to the 'element/mixture", Yes? Then adjust for the numerology. So pleased you're posting these.

'Vana, Roast beef for dinner.... and for Tea:
Some home-made Sally Lunns made to a recipe with apricots and sultanas, eaten warm with butter.... mmmm.

Bee :)

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
Mel: Where you say "Similar cards", you're referring to the 'element/mixture", Yes? Then adjust for the numerology. So pleased you're posting these.

'Vana, Roast beef for dinner.... and for Tea:
Some home-made Sally Lunns made to a recipe with apricots and sultanas, eaten warm with butter.... mmmm.

That's right!

Several cards will have the same 'elemental' blueprint. For example, 2 Swords, 6 Swords, 8 Swords, Q Swords, 1 Coins, 7 Coins, K Coins are all Choleric Phlegmatic (Fire/Water). The numerology and how 'dignified' a rank a specific card has (based on the actual ranking of the cards in the game of tarot) will determine how the elemental energy is expressed. But I'll save the rest of this topic for after dinner... ;)

SolSionnach

Melanchollic said:
That's right!

Several cards will have the same 'elemental' blueprint. For example, 2 Swords, 6 Swords, 8 Swords, Q Swords, 1 Coins, 7 Coins, K Coins are all Choleric Phlegmatic (Fire/Water). The numerology and how 'dignified' a rank a specific card has (based on the actual ranking of the cards in the game of tarot) will determine how the elemental energy is expressed. But I'll save the rest of this topic for after dinner... ;)
I was wondering how to deal with that. Have a nice dinner, and hurry back!

Rosanne

Melanchollic- this is just to say how you write about Tarot is like an illuminated text. If the Golden Mean was in words- you have it.

Beauty is truth, truth is beauty, that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Like the nicknames- great device!

I read on......
~Rosanne
Edited to add OOps! I forgot... I offer you my Pièce de résistance of Desserts- offered only to Kings Queens and Princes.
It is soft meringue cake folded in half over whipped cream and forest berries, covered in toffee made with Honey and almonds- it looks like a smile and is called "The Horse's Mouth" :D

Melanchollic

Rosanne said:
Melanchollic- this is just to say how you write about Tarot is like an illuminated text. If the Golden Mean was in words- you have it.

Beauty is truth, truth is beauty, that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Like the nicknames- great device!

I read on......
~Rosanne

Edited to add OOps! I forgot... I offer you my Pièce de résistance of Desserts- offered only to Kings Queens and Princes.
It is soft meringue cake folded in half over whipped cream and forest berries, covered in toffee made with Honey and almonds- it looks like a smile and is called "The Horse's Mouth" :D

Thanks Rosanne. :love:

Your "Horse's Mouth" sounds amazing! (Despite the name! :D )

Melanchollic

Method of the Example Readings

I thought I would add a short illustrative example reading for each of the cards. I'll be using this simple 3 Card Spread.

3CardSpread.jpg

Card #1 represents the Querent, or the person for whom the reading is about. If the question is "Will I be rich?" The "I" is the querent, the person asking the question. If the question is, "Will my son be rich?", then "the son" becomes the querent, not the person asking the question.

Card #2 represents the Quesited. This is the subject of the reading, If the question is, "Will I get the job?" The "job" is the quesited. If the question is, "Will Bertha marry her cousin Bart?", "Bart" is the questied, and Bertha the Querent.

Card #3 represents how the querent and quesited will interact. Generally this card will hold the answer to the question, but not always. For example, a positive querent and positive questited, linked by a negative interaction will be a 'yes', but the long term outcome will be bad. A negative querent and questied linked by a positive interaction will be 'no' but in the end this will be for the better.

A NOTE ON SEX:

Yes, it can be AMAZING with the right person. Sometimes it can even be amazing with the wrong person, but that's not what I'm talking about. I mean GENDER silly! You'll notice I assign a gender, 'male', 'female', or 'both' to the cards. This is based on their elemental energy 'blueprint'.

• 'Male' cards are active energy. They initiate the action.
  • 'Female' cards are passive energy. The are receiving the action.
  • 'Both' cards I judge as neutral.

This can be useful in judgement. Let's say in a job inquiry question all cards are positive, but the querent is neutral, the interaction is neutral, but the employer is 'active'. This shows us they are 'hot for ya', they need you more than you need them. Great! You have the upper hand.

"Of course you can have both Christian and Muslim holidays off Ms. Smith. And Buddhist holidays!? Emmm... Sure. No problem! We can do that! When can you start???"

Bernice

'lo Mel,

Your very first post in this thread with the three forum links - the 2nd one is dead. I have copied & saved nearly all your previous posts, but those new to this will likely be a bit confused.... (Maybe it went down when the forum crashed?)

Offering a Beef Paprika Casserole (with garlic) for your next postings.... :) :)

Melanchollic

Thanks Bee.

I think it is fixed now. Try it on your end.