Legacy of the Divine Tarot- general dicussion

ghost271

Conversation with the Devil

While working through Mary Greers 'Tarot for Yourself',I decided to address my Hidden Factor/Teacher card which was the Devil.

When I asked the Devil," What can you teach me about what I need to learn in this lifetime?"I was shocked to hear the reply that came.

-" I am your own worst enemy.I am a more powerful version of yourself. YOU have given me that power and I can hold it over your head to manipulate you like a puppet."

What do I have to do to free myself from you?

-"All you have to do is look up and reclaim it. Your insecurities and fears have grown me to the point I tower over you. I am of your own making."

To say that this blew me away would be an understatement. The voice was very matter-of-fact, but not pompous or arrogant. Nor was there any maliciousness to it. It just told me like it was, and it opened my eyes to see things in a way I'd never thought of it before. I figure that alone saved me a $200 psychiatrist visit, and months worth of self help.

I'd never used the Tarot in this manner before and it has really taken me to a depth I never thought possible.

bluecaffeine

I found the Legacy of the Divine-deck in a book-shop during my holidays in Dublin this year. I had never before intended to buy it, but when I saw the box I felt drawn to it immediately. I stayed in our B&B all the evenings instead of going to the pub. I work a lot with dark decks at the moment, but I think this deck might bring me back to the brighter side of life again. It gives me hope somehow.

strings of life

Wow ghost271, thanks for sharing that experience.

The cards offer me such a wide array of emotions, and the Wands suit makes me feel the energy--literally-with the various glowing crystals at the tips; they repel, reflect, absorb and give off energy.

bluecaffeine, I find it a vibrant deck, but also an honest one with darker tones at times. I do hope that you will join in as well :).

Jes

I would like to pick a card to talk about, as I can't see any one having done that yet.

I'm picking 10 of Cups. :)
I'll PM the moderator (i think its Alta) and start a thread.

EDIT nope its Sulis, I have PMed and have created thread with my 2 cents worth. not sure what else I need to do....

strings of life

Just an update. I am actually studying this deck, but right now, I am blogging in my private journal about the cards. I'll circle around here with my interpretations, but that won't be anytime soon I'm afraid. Who would have known that this was going to become a very personal deck for me. I didn't know that when I bumped this thread ;).

But, I am going to use the deck for the 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card exercises.

Fly My Pretty

That 21 ways looks pretty interesting aurarcana, I might have to look into it, I myself am using the legacy deck for my daily readings on my Tarot Tumblr. I'm becoming more familiar with the deck everyday :)

strings of life

Fly My Pretty said:
That 21 ways looks pretty interesting aurarcana, I might have to look into it, I myself am using the legacy deck for my daily readings on my Tarot Tumblr. I'm becoming more familiar with the deck everyday :)
Thanks for sharing! I love Tumblr and use it for my personal everyday blog :thumbsup:. That ones public and the Tarot one is private...for now.

I keep going back and forth about when I'll start posting in the Study Group here, but I think it will be useful for me to do as I intended - post in the Study Group as I draw a card. While my opinions are fitting to my interpretations, I keep experiencing these "a-ha"'experiences after I've written something down. I'd love to hear what others think. I'm not reading the companion book first, which is a first for me. I'm going to read it after I go through the 21 Ways book. In a way, that means that I'm observing as opposed to studying, but I can always add to posts once I discover Ciro's intent.

ETA: As you can see, I'm yet to start posting :|. Life happens.

Jes

I am about to start using 21 ways to read a tarot card with this deck.

So I am bumping in hopes that someone is willing to chat with me about it :)

Jes

I am bumping, as I have noticed that several newer people are working with this deck at the momment.

If anyone is intersted in creating a discussion thread about a particular card in this deck, PM Sulis who will add it to the Legacy deck study index.

Cheers