"Ancient-Ring-Of-The-Ordo-Templi-Orientis-Occult-Owned-By-Sir-Aleister-Crowley"

gregory

I have a lawyer friend in Cleveland. I will ask her !! })

But if the Buckland connection is true, they may have.

Wait - it actually says their provenance was by Regardie, not that Regardie owned them. Just saying...

ravenest

As someone already referred to would say, "there is one born every minute." But who knows? the power of the mind is such that maybe adding the ring will give them power. Power over themselves at least.

barb

Its a power that is not greater than the power they have ... but somehow they can attribute the power they already have to their magical rings, staffs, swords, etc.

So no power is gained... but here is the funny thing, if they loose the thing they think is giving them the power they already had ... they start to loose the power they had in the first place !

There was this old guy at a festival that thought he was wizard ... full costume ... okay then. He had a staff that he actually called ' Me powerrr ' . he went on about it so much, someone flogged it during the night :D

Then he spent the next 2 days in a depression, with no energy, dragging his feet around nd complaining 'They stole me powerrr . "

HIlarious !

..... time for a snippet of Liber Librae ;

" Know that with such desires thou canst but attract the Weak, not the Strong, and in that case the Weak will have power over thee. "

ravenest

I want the one with the 3,624 Djinnies.

" Paranormal Magic Wicca Pagan " ring :)

Back in my old ritual magick days , I made about 75% of my stuff . The 'magick ring' turned out to be not at all what I expected ( but also ended up being the 'key' to 'see what was going on' ) .

Its now big business for some .... I lost a friend to it ! (meaning she got so busy making, marketing and selling she had to give up various other pastimes ... including me ) .... Ooooo , she been busy since I looked last ;

http://enochian.org/

ravenest

Marginally related, but a new witchcraft museum has some items that belonged to Crowley (purportedly).

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/..._occult_artifacts_once_owned_by_aleister_crow

The items are (scroll down) a Scorpion Ceremonial Bowl, Crowley’s Trident Wand and an oil lamp. The article says they were donated by Regadie, can anyone confirm that they belonged to him?

Well, if the site says so :) .... it also says one of its chalices " COULD BE the Holy Grail , you never know " .

The first lot of pics look like retro pagan stuff. The bowl is interesting and looks a little closer like something he would own but I have never heard reference to it. To try and stretch things towards Crowley, some could have been Rites of Eleusis props ? (eg, the bowl make a good 'hell broth' for rite of Saturn ) I think he would have eaten that mandrake root ;) .

No doubt he snaffled a souvenir or two in his travels .

I will always remember the day I was looking at stuff in an ancient Egyptian exhibit and saw an ornate bowl that just didnt agree with my knowledge in such matters . It looked more like an Art Deco object trying to reproduce Egyptian artwork. When no one was looking, I ignored the 'do not touch' sign picked it up and turned it over and it STILL HAD a paper label stuck to the bottom ' Madam ......... 's Prop Shop Hollywood Bvd. Hollywood ' (cant remember her name ) - a movie prop .