Nicolas Conver images in High Resolution

Jestre

Very nice, thank you. Since I haven't been able to get my hands on a deck yet :(

Abrac

Those are really awesome images kenji, thanks a lot.

Debra

Oh oh oh these are wonderful! Thanks for posting them!

le pendu

It's a really beautiful deck Kenji!

I love the colors. I'm so happy you have it!

Thanks for sharing it with us, it's deeply appreciated.

Abrac

kenji, the colors of your deck look different from those in this eBay listing, especially the yellows. I suppose since these were all done by hand there were bound to be variations. Do you know of any other reason why they would be so different?

jmd

I would have thought that even if they were the exact same woodblock used over the course of a century, the templates for the colours would be recut over time, and that the specific pigments vary according to what was available and what the person applying the colours brushed over the stencils.

What would be rather unexpected is that the same colours are found across time. The stencils would certainly show a later user what colour had been applied (by the remnants thereon), but not its precise hue or composition.

Abrac

jmd said:
I would have thought that even if they were the exact same woodblock used over the course of a century, the templates for the colours would be recut over time, and that the specific pigments vary according to what was available and what the person applying the colours brushed over the stencils.
Makes sense.

kwaw

Thanks Kenji

Have Bateleur and Pape been fighting do you think? (Both appear to have a black eye).

Kwaw