Morgan Greer Regular or Pocket?

Le Fanu

Mine's on the way. I'm sure it will be lovely and dinky and all the rest of it but my sharply glossy Italian printing is going to take some beating.

The MG isn't a deck I read with but I do consider it a classic and had to order the tin version. But the China printing, while nice, probably won't have that pop which I love so much in the Italian. Plus, I've always been fine with the standard version. It doesn't take up that much premium space in my bag. My bag gains - what? - an extra inch of space?

Weirdly, I found that my old battered Universal in a soft bag weighs less than the PCS deck in a tin. So I begin to wonder - what is it we like it tins? Weight? Size? A normal deck in a lightweight bag doesn't occupy that much space, nor is it heavier.

But of course we love them - for the novelty factor. I'm looking forward to it arriving. I do wish I loved the Morgan Greer more. It's such a lovely deck, but it leaves me craving symbolism, so I tend not to use it that much.

Morwenna

I don't like small decks. They feel like playing cards.

I like the feel of playing cards. :)

I do want the one in a tin. But as for reducing the art, well, I have both the standard and pocket Hanson-Roberts, and I don't see any difference between them. (Though that could be because the standard H-R is smaller than the average tarot deck.) So I don't think I'll have any trouble with the pocket MG.

Yes, tins are cute. They're also protective. :)

greatdane

The shuffle factor. OK, I admit I like to shuffle pocket size decks. Just easier especially when it comes to tarot because so much thicker than Lenormand. BUT I like having the IMAGE LARGE! So borderless and big images are pocket decks that will get my attention.

As far as the tin, I LOVE my custom cases, yes, I'm talking to you Madame Squee and the gorgeous custom cases you make me, but when it's a pocket size, the tin is nice as I can just throw it in my bag. It may make it heavier, but it doesn't take up that much space.

I am sure I will get the Pocket MG and may move my larger one along, even though I have inked the edges to match the backs and had a custom case made for it.

Ambrosia

Weirdly, I found that my old battered Universal in a soft bag weighs less than the PCS deck in a tin. So I begin to wonder - what is it we like it tins? Weight? Size? A normal deck in a lightweight bag doesn't occupy that much space, nor is it heavier.

I completely agree. I took mine out of the tin and put it in a bag. The rattling as I walked was getting annoying...