Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

retrokat

If people would like to make any comments at http://www.78friends.com/touchstone that could give me clues of what to write about.

We're supposed to write about current news events and stuff in our Kunati blogs and I've been stumped as to how to get started. What could I write about every week that would in any way be a value-add? Hmm. But if I just talk about the deck, the characters, the card details - that's something I know. And they say to write about what you know :)

So if people would like to help out by making comments, questions, observations etc on any particular card, I'll get started on my blog next week. At least then I know I will be writing about something that's of interest to *someone* :D

Manda

I think you should start with the Knight of Swords and how you chose him and if he appeals to you as much as he seems to appeal to the AT crowd }) !

I :heart: him!

retrokat

Ha, he is hot isn't he! I'm going to start at the Fool and work from there in order. Knight of Swords can be an incentive to work towards ;)

PS he's not as hot as Jasper. In case you're reading this, lovely Husband of mine :)

faunabay

Well since I don't know your hubby Jasper personally :laugh: I'll just say I second and third that "HOT" statement about the Knight of Swords!!!!! (swoon) :heart:

Bonnie

Kat -

Blogging is fun! :) You can do the 78 cards, and how they came about, you can do small readings with the cards, you can draw for specific events (like the changing of the seasons, holidays, etc), you can present new spreads to use ... lots of ways to go here! :)

Blessings,
Bonnie

Queen of Pentacle

A fantastic Idea Kat!

retrokat said:
PS Kunati want me to start blogging. I was thinking that discussing each card and why I chose the things I did, and more about what the card means to me, would be an idea for the blog. At least that would be 78 weeks of knowing what to write :p

Perhaps that would be a good spot to put a small version of the LE cards where they have been changed, and explain why the changes. Does that sound like a good idea?

Sure that would be so interesting... We'll get to know more the cards, and more about the processus and artistic choice wich happened in between!

Queen of Pentacle

little game.... or Kunati vs LE

I received my Kunati yesterday, and being curious, I compared all the cards
It was very interesting to do, and I must say most of the changes were brilliant.
It you have the two decks, just check for yourself.

Here's the cards which have been modified (I may have pass some...if so, let me know)
- Hight Priestess
- Empress
- Hierophant
- The Star
- Ace of cups
- Two of cups
- Three of cups
- Five of cups
- Page od cups
- Knight of cups
-Two of swords
- Three of swords
- Five of swords
- Ace of wands
- Four of wands
-Three of coins
- Five of coins
- Six of coins

Some changes are very minute, some other bolder, but sure Kat did work hard between both versions.

I was thinking about trading my LE when I'd get the Kunati, but now I hesitate. Sure the Kunati is grand, gold edges, wonderful cardstock and cigar box are a plus. And some very slight difference in the back (barely noticeable) just give an hand made effect, like a very old deck.

On the other hand, the differences, and the extraordinary printing process of the LE sure make a difference. Colors are deep and vibrant, the skin and the gold accessories stand up. Black are deep, and I see what some were meaaing by a 3D effect.

RubyV

Well, the replacement rom amazon was also faulty. I've cobbled together a deck from the two, but that's left me with a deck that while undamaged, the cards are different sizes. The art is lush and gorgeous, a delight for the eyes, which makes the situation more upsetting. oh well.

retrokat

Hi Ruby,

How very odd! Amazon should definitely replace it a second time. I have opened about six decks - including one ordered from Amazon to see how long it took to get sent - and they have all been perfect!

swanpetal

Hi, I got my deck from Amazon a couple weeks ago and it is a good deck without defects, which for I am grateful. I love the images... so rich and lovely... great job Kat!