Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

daneo52 
Resident

summer solstice

Does anyone have a special spread for this occassion?
daneo52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
BodhiSeed 
Citizen

Summer Solstice Spread

Bodhran's Summer Solstice Spread:

~~~~~1~~~~~
4~~The Sun~~2
~~~~~3~~~~~

Pull "The Sun" from the deck and place it face up in the center.

1. During the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, more light is available to us. What in my life has been in shadow, that I need to shine a bright light on so I can see it clearly for what it is?

2. The word "solstice" comes from the Latin "sol" (meaning sun) and "sistere" (meaning to cause to stand still). What in my life am I trying to force into happening when instead I need to be still and patient?

3. The Summer Solstice is often called "Midsummer" because it is roughly in the middle of the growing season. What in my life is fertile and productive now? Where are my opportunities for growth?

4. After Summer Solstice, the days gradually become shorter, and the sun's strength wanes as winter approaches. What is waning in my life? What do I need to release?

Hope you enjoy the spread and have a "sunny" Summer Solstice!

ETA: If you don't want to remove the Sun card from your deck, use one from another deck or put a stone in the middle to represent the sun.

"When I was a young man, I admired clever people. Now that I am older, I admire kind people." ~ Rabbi Milton Steinberg

Last edited by BodhiSeed; 14-06-2012 at 05:14.
BodhiSeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
janstar17 
Citizen

Thumbs up Nice spread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhran
Bodhran's Summer Solstice Spread:

~~~~~1~~~~~
4~~The Sun~~2
~~~~~3~~~~~

Pull "The Sun" from the deck and place it face up in the center.

1. During the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, more light is available to us. What in my life has been in shadow, that I need to shine a bright light on so I can see it clearly for what it is?

2. The word "solstice" comes from the Latin "sol" (meaning sun) and "sistere" (meaning to cause to stand still). What in my life am I trying to force into happening when instead I need to be still and patient?

3. The Summer Solstice is often called "Midsummer" because it is roughly in the middle of the growing season. What in my life is fertile and productive now? Where are my opportunities for growth?

4. After Summer Solstice, the days gradually become shorter, and the sun's strength wanes as winter approaches. What is waning in my life? What do I need to release?

Hope you enjoy the spread and have a "sunny" Summer Solstice!
Many Blessings,
Bodhran
Bodhran...thanks for posting this! It asks wonderful questions and sounds like a great spread to do at this time of year.

"I will have no locked cupboards in my life!"
Gertrude Bell
janstar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Blue Fury 
Citizen

Thumbs up Thank you Bodhran

Wow, what a fab spread. I will definitely use this tomorrow. I am taking some quiet time at midday to give thanks and contemplate and I have somebody to include in my thoughts who needs something to help them heal. I was goiing to draw a tarot card for them for the coming year, but this is so lovely that I am going to use this to create for them an empowering message. I think it was serendipity that I looked here today because usually I don't have much time to browse and this caught my eye straight away. Solstice blessings to you all, Fury xxx
Blue Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
BodhiSeed 
Citizen

Thanks

Janstar and Blue Fury,
Thanks for the feedback on the spread! Hope you have a wonderful solstice!
Many Blessings,
Bodhran

"When I was a young man, I admired clever people. Now that I am older, I admire kind people." ~ Rabbi Milton Steinberg
BodhiSeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
daneo52 
Resident

re

thank you!
daneo52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Emily 
Wanderer

Thats a nice spread Bodhran,

I'm going to try it tonight.

-----------------------------------
A good student never stops learning
Having fun with the Liber T
Not all who wander are lost
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
VZed 
Resident

Hi Bohdran

Thanks for the posting this spread. It really looks good. I'm going to try it later on today.

I am in the Southern Hemisphere so I am going to a winter solstice. I am going to replace the sun with the moon as the nights have the dominance right now for me.

I'll let you know how it works.

Love Light and Peace
Vernon

Old 22-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Blue Fury 
Citizen

Talking Just perfect

Ah, what can I say? did 5 readings using this fabulous spread and it was very empowering and I enjoyed doing each and every one. Think this one may become a midsummer ritual in perpetuity. Thanks once again Bodhran, have you any more up your sleeve? Blessings, Fury xxx
Blue Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
Whitestar 
Citizen

Thank you!

Bodhran,

Thank you so much for sharing this spread!!!

I haven't tried a new spread in awhile, and I used this one yesterday (for myself), and it was so clear and concise, I loved it!!!

I added one more card (unplanned ), a sort of summary or "message" card that tied it all together.

Thanks again,
Whitestar
Whitestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today