Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

Closed Thread

All Is One 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen86
Oh, my god. If I buy a second deck, I hope I get one like that! *drools* (I'm a Harry Potter geek, and those are my Hogwarts house colors. LOL.)
I have this amazingly cool brother who is 17. For many years I have been following his love of HP and we are debating it on Facebook this very evening.

Very diverting stuff.

I like Harry Potter....he loks just like my Bro...Marcus.

Sans wand, naturaly. Bro carries an alto sax. And a pair of aviators.

He cool!

"Some of the things I believed are no longer beliefs and some things I have said were bordering on absurd; some very funny looking back, and some were just mistakes of enthusiasm." ~Rosanne
Old 31-08-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #501
happyphantom 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by faunabay
Maroon and Gold. hmm.....I wonder which house you're in???? Might it start with a G??

Perhaps....

I never noticed your signature until now! (Or was it not there before?)

But siriusly (heh), I'm hoping for the "Gryffindor" bag. The one I bought online for my Golden deck is red velvet with a gold velvet lining, and I love it. I obsess a little, haha.

I will cherish whatever I get though.
Old 31-08-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #502
faunabay 
Citizen

I've had my touchstone for about 24 hours now and have done a couple one card draws for people on the trade train last night. So I want to expand on my first impressions.

While I obviously adored the deck from the beginning I wondered about the readability. When I looked at the cards they didn't seem to tell a story. But now after drawing a couple cards for myself and doing the couple on the train yesterday I can safely say they read great!!

What I found was they read differently than any other deck I've had. Each card really is like a person......and you have to give that person a chance to speak.

Now though I'm wondering how they'll do in a larger spread.....as I've only done one card readings. Because the one card talks up a storm. How will more than one card readings work? Will it be like a crowd of people all trying to talk at once? LOL

Oh and after my reaction to the Knight of Swords yesterday......guess who I got today as my card of the day? Yep, the Knight of Swords.

Old 01-09-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #503
All Is One 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauna Bay
What I found was they read differently than any other deck I've had. Each card really is like a person......and you have to give that person a chance to speak.
I need to try and shut up so I can hear what they have to say more clearly.

Yes, I agree that they read very differently than any other deck I've ever had.

"Some of the things I believed are no longer beliefs and some things I have said were bordering on absurd; some very funny looking back, and some were just mistakes of enthusiasm." ~Rosanne
Old 01-09-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #504
faunabay 
Citizen

I just now noticed the raised type you all talked about. I had forgotten about it, but was "petting" my new deck. And turned it just right into the light and saw the raised type. I love it!!

As for doing spreads and readings......I think the max number of cards I'll use, at least for now, will be 3. I can't even imagine trying to understand what they all would have to say in a Celtic Cross!

Old 01-09-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #505
All Is One 
Citizen

You said you were petting it...but that you turned it to the light and saw it.

So...you did feel it, did you not?

That was a nice nice touch!

Old 01-09-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #506
faunabay 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Is One
You said you were petting it...but that you turned it to the light and saw it.

So...you did feel it, did you not?

That was a nice nice touch!
Of course once I noticed how it looked I had to see if I could feel it.......and yes I could!!

I love the way it shuffles too!

Oh! And I got Eugenia Madora and franniee to each buy one, just by raving about it on the trade train last night! ROFL

Old 01-09-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #507
Erzebet 
Citizen

I've been looking at each card very intently, at the raised printing. It looks to me it's the black parts that are raised and causes all the effect! Where there is no black in the card that effect isn't there. Where it meets the edges and other colors is where the raised part comes into play. It's very cool! I love how it looks on the Death card, it looks very eerie and foreboding!

In the From the Artist card I noticed "Kat" or Queen Elizabeth I is holding a black chalk or charcol? Is it too look like she just signed her name and the deck number? That's what it looked like to me .
Old 01-09-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #508
retrokat 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzebet
In the From the Artist card I noticed "Kat" or Queen Elizabeth I is holding a black chalk or charcol? Is it too look like she just signed her name and the deck number? That's what it looked like to me .
She is holding a Touchstone - although I'm sure you could only know that if someone told you!

"Touchstone Tarot, tell me true - this is what I ask of you"
Old 01-09-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #509
Erzebet 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrokat
She is holding a Touchstone - although I'm sure you could only know that if someone told you!
Aha! It looked to me like she had just finished signing her name and the deck number! But a Touchstone makes more sense!
Old 01-09-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #510
  Closed Thread

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today