Interesting tarot pairs

nisaba

obeygravity said:
- I tend to bake a lot when I'm agitated or incredibly excited,
<approvingly> that's an Empress thing, what with her ties to fertility and therefore grain, plus food generally, plus nurturing.

obeygravity

nisaba said:
<approvingly> that's an Empress thing, what with her ties to fertility and therefore grain, plus food generally, plus nurturing.

Haha, yeah, that's definitely me. I'm quite the homebody and always looking for new recipes to try out. She's definitely more of the head driven person, though and by far the neater between the two of us hahaha

LotusSong

Some interesting pairs I've come across...

Temperance + Five of Pentacles (As I was trying to interpret a dream no less!)

Ten of Pentacles + Queen of Swords

Ten of Swords + Tower (Since the first word that came into my mind when I drew the Tower for clarification was "epiphany" I still believe this means a sudden realization will cause them to cut off and leave behind a piece of themself, but that has yet to pass...)

Three of Cups + Five of Cups (There's something significant in the RWS symbolism of three cups being held up in the first card and three cups being overturned in the second, but their meaning still escapes me...)

balenciaga

LotusSong said:
Temperance + Five of Pentacles

This strikes me as taking medicine (temperance) for an illness (physical disability/5P)- could be as harmless as aspirin for a headache.

alice_addams

Page of Cups + 10 of Swords
Receiving news that puts an end to your current plans.

ETA:
Wheel of Fortune + The Devil rx
Getting rid of bad habits or addictions.

AmethystEyes

obeygravity said:
I tend to bake a lot when I'm agitated or incredibly excited
LOL I do the same thing...and I also need music :D

victoria.star

nisaba said:
<grin> One would be neat, while the other drapes bras over rails in the bathroom and drops undies in the hall, one would be trying to meditate while the other one entertains men in the next bedroom with the music on ...
Oh, the Empress and the High Priestess already are roommates in my house--both living in my own head!!
How they argue over cleaning issues ("clean the floor," commands the HP. "but why," questions the Empress, "it will just get walked on again.")
Lovely couple.

casia

5 of pents and the 8 of cups...... Crisis and disaster over a relationship that gives to little to be worth it......

Sar

Ace of pents + The Star = Money from heaven.

nisaba

I like the thought of Tarot "marriages": what would happen if you paired up

The Emperor and Empress?
The Hierophant and High Priestess?
The Emperor and High Priestess?
The Pope and Empress?
The Pope and the Chariot?
The World and the Empress?
The Pope and the Devil?