Heart of Tarot: anyone know this book?

Khatruman

At my local Borders Bookstore, I came across Heart of Tarot: An Intuitive Approach by Amber K and Azrael Arynn K. It takes an approach at reading that they classify as Gestalt Tarot, which seems to be looking at the meanings intuitively rather than through book meanings. I like the idea, and have perused the book a bit. It uses a workbook style and asks you to write your impressions of each of the tarot cards. There is a section where each page is devoted to a card, with suggested meanings and prompts for you to give your own impressions of them. They use the Morgan-Greer deck as the example deck for the book.

I wondered if anyone has seen or picked it up. Amazon has it, and for around $10. What I wonder is whether this may be valuable, or if simply doing an Umbrae-style study of taking the cards and journaling about them would give me the same Gestalt value in the cards. In other words, what else am I going to get out of this?

Let me know if you have it, or have worked with it.

Peace!

jmd

Just a note that this book by these authors is a different one to another with the same main title (The Heart of the Tarot) by the authors of The Lovers' Tarot and Spiritual Tarot, S. Thomson, R. Mueller & S. Echols.

SherryZoned

Khatruman...
I have that book (currently up for trade hehe)..Anyway..I found it very useful..but it is not a reference book..to me it is a read thru..get some pointers..move on!