It all started with Lady Cottington's...

Majecot

...Pressed Fairy Calendar!
I bought this calendar in December ( usual practice for a new year calendar) Every year I try to get something unusual.. well this was it. Jan 1st I opened it up and low and behold there are Froud Faeries in it... I had no idea.
So now for all of January I had this pixie face staring at me every day from the corner of this calendar, right at my eye level above my desk.. his hands on his face, eyes wide, I would swear some days his expression was differnt.

Now I have had this deck on my wish list, but I have never felt the burning desire to buy it...until now.
Wednesday I finally could not take it anymore. These Faeries were calling me. And off to Borders I go, where there was one lonely deck just waiting for me.

As soon as I opened them ( in the car) I could feel a tingle in my hands that went right up my arms. (Tingle? that has never happened with a deck of cards before)
My daughter and I sat there looking through every card. I can see right away that some of them are stinkers.

I have a feeling I am going to be in for quite a ride here. ( I have already been sent to the store for the appropriate fabric)
And sleep with them?? Who does that?

Melissa`

Haha!

Welcome to your new Faeries. :D

It sounds as though you will really enjoy your ride.. as for sleeping with them.. I haven't ever slept with a deck.. *shrugs*

Either way... I do hope that you enjoy them!

Blessings,
Amaya

Aura Wolf

Ooohh my, you got spirited ones, Majecot :D

Glad you gave in. Welcome to the club!

Imagemaker

I just got initiated, too, and already have been enjoying them a lot. Welcome to the craziness!

sagitarian

Welcome to the band wagon...hope on and enjoy the ride. It may be a little bumby at times, but hey, the view is great, and it's always moving and changing.

I'm glad to see you join us here in the faerie oracle forum. Don't forget to post your favorite/least favorite and universal cards. If you have any questions, comments, or faery stories to tell, please share as we are all eager to hear them, all of them!

Dark_angel

You'll love them, I guarantee it. As long as you don't mind them being bossy at times. :)

Who's your favourite?

lark

Majecot said:
... So now for all of January I had this pixie face staring at me every day from the corner of this calendar, right at my eye level above my desk.. his hands on his face, eyes wide, I would swear some days his expression was different.
So who was the little pixie that started all this?
Anyone we know?

Chronata

Yay!
So glad the Faeries had you join us!

You will really like the Oracle, I just know it! :D

Majecot

Lark,
I am not sure who that little pixie is( at least Ithink he is a pixie), I haven't been able to identify him. It's kinda funny, that faery calendar talked to me more than the faery that sits on my monitor, or the one on my foot for that matter.
It feels good to be back in the world of Froud. Dark Crystal and Labyrinth are my favoritist movies of all time.

I haven't had time to do the exersizes n the book yet, or to really play with them, but so far, my favorite is The Faery Who Was Kissed by Pixies.

dolphinprincess

Majecot

Welcome to Faeryland..! My favorite card is also the Fairy Who Was Kissed by Pixies... and the bearlike creature in the picture I've adopted as my Faery Guide..

So happy to have you here... (and I just rented the Dark Crystal yesterday!!!!!)