Is there a card that you never quite 'get' or relate to?

euripides

Some cards it depends a lot on the way their drawn. Some depictions of the Devil, for instance, I think really miss the point.

One card that I still kind of do a double-take at is the Empress. There's the whole earth-mother-goddess persona and then there's the kind of Russian/Byzantine benevolent Queen version that always conflict, and I'm *never* quite sure what to make of her. Maybe I don't have that type of person in my life. I seem to relate better to cards when I can attach a human persona to them.

Barleywine

It took me the better part of 40 years to really get comfortable with Temperance. All of the references to alchemy seemed to obscure any practical, day-to-day relevance for it. (Let me say that, like Paul Foster Case, I never believed that Temperance simply means "moderation.") Finally, I took all the esoteric literature I own and extracted as much useful information as I could from it, then wrote my own interpretive guideline. Now I see it as a card of finesse, and of "the Fine Art of Right Action."

AJ

high priestess

Padma

It took me the better part of 40 years to really get comfortable with Temperance. All of the references to alchemy seemed to obscure any practical, day-to-day relevance for it. (Let me say that, like Paul Foster Case, I never believed that Temperance simply means "moderation.")

Well, I wish you'd share your codex on AT somewhere, cause this card and I have never "gotten" each other!

And like AJ, the High Priestess...well, sometimes I get her, and at other times, she's like the Book card in the Lenormand. She just conveys to me usually that I don't have a need to know, or that she's not telling, and I will find out later whether I like it or not!

WhyWuh

Seven of pentacles. Never fully get it.

Barleywine

Well, I wish you'd share your codex on AT somewhere, cause this card and I have never "gotten" each other!

"Ask and ye shall . . . probably wish ye hadn't." This is the write-up I did on the subject. WARNING: Dense Crowleyism ahead!

Attachments

• ATU XIV - Art.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 278

Padma

"Ask and ye shall . . . probably wish ye hadn't." This is the write-up I did on the subject. WARNING: Dense Crowleyism ahead!

Actually, it was very clear! Thanks :love: very helpful! And yes, that totally makes sense.

Michellehihi

2 and 3 of wands... I never saw the difference

Enlightenment23

The Three of Pentacles. It's by-the-book meaning never seems to "fit in" with my readings.

The Two of Pentacles as well for the same reason. It's like okay I know this means this, but how does it pertain to that?