7 of Swords as a positive card?

IndigoWaves

When I look at the guy on the card he always makes me giggle. He looks like a cheeky chappy but not a bad guy.

An example I had the other day

I was out with a guy the other evening and we went back to his and he gave me the cab fare to get home.
With the change, instead of giving it all to the driver as a tip, I gave him some and with the rest of the change I bought some treats for his dog which were designed for dogs and not for humans because the dog was without.

A bit cheeky but thoughtful too ( I thought )

Iasked the cards what this guy would think about what I did with his cash and pulled the seven of Swords.

I told him what I had done and he said it was very thoughtful
I'd see it as his thinking that you were "up to something" by buying the treats -- i.e. cleverly trying to make a positive impression for a leg up/advantage in his eyes (increased desirability, points for originality, etc.); being "thoughtful" but towards your own secret goal, which he may have easily caught on to. The attempt might seem cute or amusing to him, depending on how he feels about you and such behaviour, in general... But it's hard to divorce the RWS figure's cheeky face from what he's actually doing/the card's meaning in this case.