Faeries oracle has me puzzled !

geministar

Hi Redflash,

I agree with what both MK and Jewel have said. I also agree with Lillie in that Im not quite sure whether I believe in fairies but I have both Frouds Faeries and the Fairy Ring oracle. I cannot read intuitively with the Fairy Ring at all. I find it difficult and have to use the book. I probably always will too. The Fairy Ring scares me too. Some of the cards like Bogeyman and Black Shuck especially freak me out.

The problem I originally had with Frouds Faeries was that I was being too serious with it and I was having trouble communicating with the deck. It was the first Faery deck I owned and I was trying too hard with it until I learnt that the faeries want you to be silly with them, not serious, muck around and laugh with them, then they will really speak to you. Now I love them!

blackstormhawk

The Froud Faery Oracle opens a window into the world of faery that is unlike any other ... enjoy the adventure, redflash!

majah kahlana

Jewel: totally agree with you about the Fae in Frouds being more "alive". I wonder if it has something to do with seeing "The Dark Crystal" and "Labyrinth" movies as a kid :) makes one more inclinded to believe they are more real? Just a thought

Jewel

Majah: I saw both of those movies as an adult, and actually after I already owned the deck. But I see no reason why having seen those movies as a kid would not support believing in them or seeing them as active:) I think for me it has been the "coincidences", missing objects (that misteriouly re-appear in an obvious place once I tell the faeries to bring them back), flittering outside my peripheral vision etc. that has made me believe.

The faeries on the Froud deck are painted in a very active manner, they are not static in any way, they are in motion and have very expressive faces. One of the things I notice with them, is that over time the cards seem to change. Soul Shrinker is a perfect example of this. When I first got the deck I thought he was menacing and repulsive. As I got to know him, I see him as gently, and smiling. The color of his complexion has even seemed to change (and not I am not on drugs *LOL*).

Gemimistar: I love my Fairy Ring oracle, but I take it for what it is and will not even bother to ever try reading intuitively with it. No need to. It works perfect for me the way I use it. If I need some added perspective to the reading I pull one of the Froud Faeries to help out ... works like a charm, and has for years. The Fairy Ring cards do not scare me, but some are a bit creepy I will admit. If you ever want to discuss any of them let me know, and we go to the appropriate forum and talk about them or we can PM about them.

geministar

Jewel said:
Gemimistar: I love my Fairy Ring oracle, but I take it for what it is and will not even bother to ever try reading intuitively with it. No need to. It works perfect for me the way I use it. If I need some added perspective to the reading I pull one of the Froud Faeries to help out ... works like a charm, and has for years. The Fairy Ring cards do not scare me, but some are a bit creepy I will admit. If you ever want to discuss any of them let me know, and we go to the appropriate forum and talk about them or we can PM about them.

Hi Jewel,

I love your idea of pulling a froud faeries card to help you out. I must remember that, I think that may help me.

I would love to take you up on your offer too. About a year or so ago a study group was started on the Fairy Ring and I have recently started it up again. So far Im the only one doing it, so if you like we can continue it together?

Jewel

geministar said:
I would love to take you up on your offer too. About a year or so ago a study group was started on the Fairy Ring and I have recently started it up again. So far Im the only one doing it, so if you like we can continue it together?

Sure thing. If you could please direct me to the right board I will study with you. I have used the Froud Faeries in conjunction with the Fairy Ring since I started working with the Fairy Ring, so I would be more than delighted to share with you how I have done it and what I have gotten out of it. It adds a lot of perspective.

faunabay

redflash said:
But I haven't yet managed to meet my spirit guide so how am I going to meet my faery guide ! I didn't even know you could have faery guides, lol !! I don't know where to start with it. I have picked up the symbolism very quickly but I have a feeling like it's waiting for me to do something & I don't know what ! I just feel, well, puzzled !

Sorry this post has been like War & Peace, hope no-one has gone to sleep !

Redflash, don't worry about meeting your faery guide. It took me quite a few years to find mine. I was concerned about it for a while but when I never got the faery guide card when I drew a card I stopped worrying about it.

I met my faery guide finally, when my long time cat companion died suddenly. Needless to say, it was very upsetting for me. He actually died while lying on top on me with me petting him. I realized that was the best way for him to go, but kind of tramatic for me. :) When I went to bury him though the faeries said they wanted me to bury my long time froud faeries deck with him (I had another copy). So I did! It took me about 2 months or so to pull out the new deck, but once I did Random (my departed cat) was my faery guide!!! I realized that I couldn't connect with my faery guide before because he was actually in the physical realm with me. Once he past over I could "see" him when I drew the card. And it would come up in readings now too where I never got it before.

So don't push too hard to "find" your faery guide! He/She will show up when needed!

Alissa

... Mine's *never* shown up! I did have an idea for a faery drawing I thought to do for the card itself, but never did.... Guess I'm still waiting too.

That's such a touching story, faunabay... thank you for sharing that, I loved reading it.

sagitarian

I'm so sorry about your cat Faunabay, but I'm glad he's with you as your faery guide. such a lovely story.

I never really felt "connected" to faeries myself. My sister, (points accusingly at Alissa and makes a silly face with sticking my tongue out at her) has all her life. And I've always been connected to something, open is the best way to put it I guess, but not to the fae. However (you guys will love this), I did/do love elves and unicorns. Before when I thought of a fairy, I thought of literally, the "tinkerbell" little female girl with wings and cutsy outfit with a cutsy smile (or smirk). My sis is the one that planted the seed of thought of this deck into my head yrs ago, and I got the deck. I was very surprised to see all the different creature like "fae" in the cards, and that's when I realized, fae isn't JUST little cute people with wings, it's goblins, elves, unicorns, dragons, or at least, that's my perception of the fae now (thanks to this wonderful deck). Then I realized, I WAS connected to the fae all along, "I" just didn't consider it as fae, as I had a very strict image of what a "faery" is, and that was my own judgement. I've always felt very connected to elves, and I whole heartedly believe that my spirit comes from the elven lands (another world, another plane).

As for my faery guide...about a week after I had the deck, the card LITERALLY disappeared. Just gone. I thought it strange that, that's the card that decided to take a hike in this deck. (In all of my decks, usually one or more cards take off for one reason or another. I had them when I recieved the deck, and then one disappears all the sudden). So one day, I was playing with the cards, and decided to ask the deck. "Since my faery guide card left, then does anyone know "who" is my faery guide, or are one of you my faery guide?" sure enough, a card fell out before I was done with the question.

*backtrack a few years* When I used to heavily meditate, and concentrate on my breath and finding my inner spirit, and feel the lines of where my spirit is connected to, several times in my heavy state of meditation, a male elf would appear, and assist me in my spiritual workings.

The card that fell out was "The Bright Mother" and instantly, I saw the male elf in the background...his ears look big even for him, but he's all gray, and is wearing a white head band, right behind the child standing on the crystal ball. He is my faery guide AND the same male elf that I saw in my meditations years ago, (without the head band, giggles) before I even knew about this deck. *strange how these faeries work isn't it?*

Sag

Emelya

this sounds abit like how i met the fairies. i picked up the oracle in the book store. put it back. walked away. came back. picked it up. put it back. finally bought it.

brought it home. loved it.

then had some scary readings. gave the deck away. months later was sorry. bought a new one.

i agree the fairies are far from fluffy bunny stuff... the are often scary and always tell it like it is...

but some people they take to and if they do then there's not much point in denying them because they don't give up easy. sounds like the fairies want you so my advice have fun with them.

don't worry too much about your fairy guide. for a long time i had no idea about mine. tried to meet her but it wasn't happening. i still had very vivid and accurate readings with the deck. then one night at least a year after i first started working with them my fairie guide esme came to me in a very vivid drem. she is mischevious and enjoys baking chocoalate chip cookies in other peoples kitchens. she leaves the mess for them to clean up (and half a plate of cookies if your lucky). she rushes headlong in to everything and is very fun loving. she wishes to do well but is a little overeager and doesn't always think things through. she is a lot like me (only smaller). she likes to remind me to loosen up and not take things too seriously. your guide will come to you in his/her own time. meanwhile enjoy the fae!