Faery presence

Jewel

geministar said:
I must say that I have never had an experience with a fairy. I loved reading everyone's experiences. I would love to know how you are able to connect with the faery realm so well. Maybe I just need to be more open and meditate on the faeries. :)
For me it began to happen when I started working through the exercises in the FO book (which I did as instructed, without reading individual card meanings or descriptions). A bond was formed in the getting to know each other process, and when I got to the portion of the book that described the cards I was very shocked to see how much I had gleaned intuitively about them.

Through the exercises I learned to know what they "felt" like, and got to know them personally. Then I started my daily draws asking "which faerie would like to be my companion today". And I kept that faerie at the forefront of my mind and the card close to me. As we got to know eachother things just started happening. And it did not take very long. Now I can sense them sometimes without even being near the deck, and often times I know just who it is.

Just do your thing, and next thing you know you will have an experience. If you try to force it, it will take a lot longer. One of the first experiences I had was a nagging chattering about them wanting to live in the bag I had my Cosmic Tribe in because "it has a mermaid on it and mermaids are faeries" (their chatter, not my opinion at the time). Once I put them in it they shut up. A lot of people had this same sort of experience about the Faerie Oracle requests for a specific "residence". Look through some old threads and you will see. When you start hearing things in your head, that don't quite jive to how you think ... you will know :)

a_shikhs

I agree with Jewel. My connection with the faeries developed only because of the faeries oracle and a strong belief in them. The exercises really really helped me get to know the different faeries.

As Jewel says, you shouldnt force it. Let it happen naturally. Just let the faeries know aloud that you want to be friends with them and they will make their presence known to you when you are ready. Just have an open mind and be ready to be a part of their naughty pranks.. })

memries

This is one area of many that I have no knowledge about. I am convinced they don't live in Canada ! I bought the Stroud Fairy deck but I did not like it. Maybe I will try the deck you suggest at the beginning of the post. "The Fairy Ring".

I would love to see and hear and know the faeries, at least to know they are around. I must admit it is a bit discouraging to think there is something that I am missing in a large wonderful way. Any suggestions ?

Jewel

memries said:
This is one area of many that I have no knowledge about. I am convinced they don't live in Canada ! I bought the Stroud Fairy deck but I did not like it. Maybe I will try the deck you suggest at the beginning of the post. "The Fairy Ring". Any suggestions ?
Hi Memries,

I am sorry to hear that you did not like the Froud Faeries. Did you just look at the cards and make that decision, or did you work with the cards and/or book before deciding they were not for you? What did you not like about them? I am just curious that is all.

As for the Fairy Ring, it is not one that will connect you to faeries in any way, and I would not recommend it for that purpose. Don't get me wrong I really like my Fairy Ring also, but it just is not an "interactive" deck. If you like tarot you might try the Fey Deck/book set by LoScarabeo, that is one of my primary decks, and that deck might assist in connection to the faeries.

If you still have your Froud deck I would suggest giving it another try. Start by reading the book and working through the exercises as you go and see if you enjoy it or not. If not I am sure you could trade the deck easily in the Tarot Trading section. Shoot I might even be interested in owning a second copy.

Jewel

a_shikhs said:
Lol Jewel.. That is such a cute story.. :D
Obviously it was not your glasses missing, now wasssssssss it? ~giggles~ .... just kidding :p

Alissa

Jewel said:
As for the Fairy Ring, it is not one that will connect you to faeries in any way, and I would not recommend it for that purpose. Don't get me wrong I really like my Fairy Ring also, but it just is not an "interactive" deck.
I second this opinion. After the first year-ish of my Frouds Fae, I bought the Fairy Ring... and traded it.

It didn't "work" for me. I didn't like the photo collage illustrations, and the cards' themes were very "contrived" and... well... Human.

To me, the Froud deck is a deck about Fae, by Fae. (Mayhaps Brian Froud isn't as human as he looks? :D)

The Fairy Ring is a deck about Fae, by Humans.

The Fairy Ring cards... they just didn't "talk" to me, and many left me feeling cold and unimpressed.

Jewel

Alissa said:
It didn't "work" for me. I didn't like the photo collage illustrations, and the cards' themes were very "contrived" and... well... Human.
The deck works very well for me, but I have to use it completly differently than any other deck (oracle or tarot). This is a deck that is just cards and nothing more, and for me without the book it would be useless. That may sound wierd, but it is hard to explain.
Alissa said:
To me, the Froud deck is a deck about Fae, by Fae. (Mayhaps Brian Froud isn't as human as he looks? :D)
Yes ... this deck is by the Fey, the only one out there that trully is. It is not inspired by the Fey it is Fey. And I agree with you regarding Mr. Froud too.
Alissa said:
The Fairy Ring is a deck about Fae, by Humans. The Fairy Ring cards... they just didn't "talk" to me, and many left me feeling cold and unimpressed.
It is a deck inspired by specific faerie mythology by humans. It is more text-bookish in a way. The photo collage is fine for what the deck is and does, but it does not "talk", you have to read it, put all the pieces of your reading together like a puzzle (card by card), then look through it all again and look carefully at card positions, etc. and then synthesize what you read. Although we do this almost uncousciously with a lot of decks, this one is more methodical and academic in that sense. But since I like that sort of thing too I have enjoyed the deck a lot and gotten great readings. But the Fairy Ring has done nothing in relation to connecting me the faeries and never will. That was the pleasure of the Faeries Oracle :)

The reason I think the Froud Faeries have such a reach is that they really do not subscribe to a pre-existing faerie mythology. They are what they are, and personal to each person who works with them. Just my opinion.

celticnoodle

reading these postings made me realize, i have not thought of my fairies for quite some time now. I've been busy with 'other things' and maybe it's time i started to pay more attention to them again-- i wonder if the fairies are responsible for my missing ipod!? i returned from a trip a few weeks ago, and am 99.99% sure i had it in my bag, but now cannot locate it anywhere! i've checked and re-checked the car, the house and luggage, but cannot locate them! never thought to 'ask' the fairies to help me---will do so now though, maybe ya'll can help me too, by asking your fairies to tell my fairies it's time to put it out in plain sight for me! i promise to play more music for them, if that's what they want! they usually take my cell phone or keys, this is the first time they grabbed my ipod!

Jewel

celticnoodle said:
they usually take my cell phone or keys, this is the first time they grabbed my ipod!
Hmmmmmmmm sounds like they REALLY want your attention. You might have to pull out your deck, I am not sure if music alone will cut it at this point :D

Sounds like my faeries, Alissa's faeries, and your faeries all had a meeting and decided it was time we pay them some attention!

memries

Hi Jewel. I don't mind telling you. I think the deck scared me. They seemed so ugly to me and not at all what I pictured.

I will give it another try when things settle down. Thanks for answering me.