Looking for a Relationship Spread

Silaria

allibee said:
I haven't, but I can't see how it would make a difference to the spread as the influences would still show as, emotions, intellect, inspiration, material or spiritual/karma.

That's kind of what I thought but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone had any experience with this.

To me love is love. Where or who it comes from doesn't matter.

Melvis

Hi, all!

I was noodling around with a new deck recently (Light and Shadow Tarot) and came up with a new relationship spread. I'm glad to have the chance to get some feedback on it!

The Relationship Mirror Spread

-------7------
---1------4---
------36------
---2------5---

1, 2, and 3 refer to person #1
4, 5, and 6 refer to person #2

1 and 4 = What each person shows the world about the relationship. (The way person 1 speaks about person 2 to friends, how person 1 treats person 2 in public, etc., and vice versa)

2 and 5 = What each person keeps hidden about the relationship. (Hidden feelings, unconscious desires or conflicts, etc.)

3 and 6 = What each person brings to and/or asks of the relationship. (This is the give and take of the relationship between the two people. These two cards are read very much as a pair.)

7 = The next step in the relationship.

----------------------

The nitty-gritty details...

When I designed the layout of the cards, I kept the general symbolism of the major arcana in mind as follows:

---1 and 4 (Magician and Emperor) are more extroverted, involving Will, Power, and Order. This symbolizes the conscious 'game-face' the two people put on their relationship.

---2 and 5 (High Priestess and Hierophant) more introverted, showing us the hidden feelings and motivations of each person; perhaps something that one person is hiding from the other.

---3 (Empress) is mainly about growth and change, while 6 (Lovers) is about relationships and choice - an excellent pairing for the interaction and evolution of a relationship.

---7, the Chariot; symbolizes taking the reins and moving forward for the two people involved.

Also, when I read with this spread, I tend to group the cards in to three groups of three cards: 1, 2, and 3 as a 3-card reading for Person 1; 4, 5, and 6 as a 3-card reading for Person 2; and 3, 6, and 7 as a 3-card reading on the relationship itself.

Whew! Once again, I'm blathering on about the spread when I should just shut my yap and let the cards speak for themselves!

Maybe this spread would work for you, Silaria. Enjoy all!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Kirali

I like all these spreads! My friends always ask for relationship spreads so I get tired of doing the same ones over and over!

zander: for the short 3 card ones are nice! Most relationship spreads are long! And I've used that 7 card one, well in my notes it has 6 cards. It works very well! Maybe I'll add the 7th card in! More insight is always welcome! :)

Melvis: I especially like the public and unconscious aspects to the spread!

(see 1st page of post for ethics and stuff!)
I'll add my spread called the Insecurity Spread! hehehe no, err rather:
What does this person think of me Spread-- 15 cards
1. what he/she thinks of me
2. what does he/she think my positive qualities are
3. what does he/she think my negative qualities are
4. what does he/she like about me
5. what does he/she dislike about me
6. what do I think of him/her
7. what do I think his/her positive qualities are
8. what do I think his/her negative qualities are
9. what do I like about him/her
10. what do I dislike about him/her
11. areas of our compatability
12. obstacles
13. what does he/she have to sacrifice
14. what do I have to sacrifice
15. outcome of our relationship

If you have a problem with the ethics of it, then are tons of other spreads to use and much better I might add! This is just one I like to use when I'm feeling very curious! ;)

Celtic_Dragon

**BUMP**

And I was just going to make a new thread about this too. Good thing I decided to dig!! Thanks for all that were involved!!

aeonx

Celtic_Dragon: Nice to hear. If you decide to use mine, I would really appreciate the feedback. :D

~aeonx~

lunalafey

another relationship spread

Here is a spread that came with my Infinite deck.
I have used it a few times and have been very happy with how it reads..

as you see it's in the shape of a heart...

1.present/current state of relationship
2.'you'(or Q'er) in the relationship
3.'them' in the relationship
4.fears/concerns
5.issues/main obsticals
6.action/change
7.hopes/wishes
8.future/what may be
9.highest self

I really like this spread, if anyone uses it, I'd like to know how it went. I have only used it with my IT deck which is a little different from tarot. I'd like to know how traditional decks work in this spread.
I don't do too many relationship readings so I have not used a different deck with this spread yet....waiting for someone to come around to try it out.

aeonx

lunalafey: I love that heart-shaped one! Would have to try it out someday... but that will have to be after my term papers. :D

~aeonx~

Celtic_Dragon

aeonx's spread

Actually Aeonx I did suprisingly because I wasn't intending to. You see a friend of mine just broke up with her boyfriend of 6 yrs. And I wanted to know why, but I havn't talked to her in a while and when we did last talk she said nothing about it. So I wanted to know the reasons behind her decision. So I used the breakup spread that zander770 came up with:

Breakups

Card 1: What happened – her viewpoint
Card 2: What happened – his viewpoint
Card 3: Chances of getting back together

But I felt that it didn't cover as much as I wanted to know. So I added a few things and it turned out to be pretty much what you had done. Except for the first card. I have this silly superstious thing about the number 7. Something about it being lucky. :)

Well, here's what I did.

_1_2___6
_____5__
_3_4___7

1. Her viewpoint/thoughts;emotions
2. His viewpoint/thoughts;emotions
3. Her influence/actions
4. His influence/actions
5. Outside influence
6.Will they get back together
7.Should they get back together

She's been my friend for a while but our connections havn't been the best since she graduated highschool (I graduated a year behind her)and I was hoping that their relationship might last. Mostly because it was her and him that got me and my fiance' together. I think anyone who's married might know what I'm talking about. Kinda that one couple we both could go out and do stuff together, cuz we're all friends one way or another. Anyways, it just seemed out of the blue, and I know why she didn't tell me. It was because she was afraid that I would tell my other and he'd tell him....and so on.....But yea, aeonx. Thanks it did help, And I'll probably do another one after I talk to her and get more information from her.

I know all about the ethics and stuff but sometimes it just.....bugs ya to the point where you just have to know....now. :( Especially if there's something that they didn't see or consider. What can I say, I'm a leo, I'm nosy.

Melvis

Hmmm...is that why I'm so nosy...'cause I'm a Leo? :D Goody! Now I have something to blame it on! })

Anyway, I came home this evening from a 12 hour day at work, bone tired, and the first thing I thought was, "I just want to just sit down on the floor and spread out my cards!" So I think I'll try out that nifty Heart-shaped Spread, Lunalafey!

You guys are always there with fabulous new spreads when I need them!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Umbrae

Umbrae's Love Spread

You lay it out in three columns. The columns are read BOTH down AND (from the sides to the middle). It is set up so that the left column shows person 1 path through the relationship; the right column shows the person 2. But the center column is read as both as a separate (third) entity, AND dependant upon the paths of person 1 & 2.

Left column
Person 1 Feels
Person 1 Needs
Person 1 Expected Outcome

Right Column
Person 2 Feels
Person 2 Needs
Person 2 Expected Outcome

Center Column
Core (what the relationship is founded on)
Needs (what the relationship needs)
What we can expect of the relationship (expectations)
The future of the relationship. (Probable reality)

This relationship spread is tricky, and appears slightly difficult.
It is not a, “A=1, B=2, C=3” type spread.
You are dealing with two people, their lives, thoughts, and emotions simultaneously.
You are also looking at the very alive, shifting, and quixotic reality created by the afore mentioned attributes of two people, the relationship.

So looking at the two outside columns separately, they tend to indicate Feel – Need – Result. However they also simultaneously represent P-P-F; AND baggage brought into the relationship, (They are read downward); simultaneously, but not really. You have to look at the cards and allow them to read themselves to you, let them tell you, “Hey! This is a need issue”, or “Hey, I’m a Fear”. Hopes and needs are similar.

After reading down the two outside columns, then comes the big task. Reading from the outside towards the center.

A center card should not be read ‘by itself’; it is best read as to how it relates to the two cards on either side.

I have used this spread for years...with excellent results.

It is well worth investing the time to learn it.