Tarot de Trieste; the forgotten deck

moderndayruth

Lillie said:
And here was me thinking it was just another bloody Marseille...

:shhh: Seriously, that was exactly what i thought at first and i actually checked out the deck just because Le Fanu is so excited about it... On my own TdM wishlist is only one more deck - but this one really seems to be very special.

gregory

Le Fanu said:
Gosh. Maybe this is it! Doesn't it say Lombardy Tarot with Historic card deck??

Good price too (if that's the one)!
It is the right DESIGN, but if the cards are popped out of the book.... the ones on ebay don't look like they were..... they look like proper cards.

anyway it also says Derzeit nicht verfügbar - which is to say - unavailable.

Chronata

Oh wow. That IS nice!
I could get pretty excited about this deck, if given the chance...

firefrost

Oh, wow - my beloved Vieville immediately springs to mind. I'm not sure it could steal my affections for it but - crikey... Strangely enough, yesterday I used the expression "A run for it's money" (to someone posting here!) and I'm thinking that again.

Has anyone else noticed that Strength seems to look a little sad, to the extent that she has what appears to be a tear under her left eye? I was just thinking how hard it is to use that hidden strength we need at times...

Beautiful, Le Fanu.

I am officially very jealous.

gregory

I think I MAY just have bought the book. We shall see.....

Le Fanu

firefrost said:
Has anyone else noticed that Strength seems to look a little sad, to the extent that she has what appears to be a tear under her left eye?
How observant you are. Yes, there looks to be a little tear. I knew I could rely on people here to get me excited for its arrival :)

moderndayruth

Le Fanu said:
How observant you are. Yes, there looks to be a little tear. I knew I could rely on people here to get me excited for its arrival :)

And, in our turn, us, the people here, knew that we can rely on you to get us (officially) jealous about your new arrival! :|

firefrost

Yes, what mdr said! :D

SolSionnach

I didn't notice the tear on Strength, what I noticed is how detailed the Lion is - and how his claws reminded me of the Vieville's strength card.

I did query a seller of the book on ebay.de, and he was only selling the book, no deck included.

I may have to wait until SOMEONE scans the whole thing (hint, hint!). I printed out my TdParis from scans that someone (bless them!) did years ago, and it's perfect, if a wee bit flimsy. No matter, eventually I'll laminate it. :)

SolSionnach

I just bought a copy from an ATer in Germany! Yes!

ETA: who may be able to get more... :D