The Wild Unknown Tarot - III Cups

Sulis

This card is beautiful.

Against a yellow background which deepens to orange and red at the base of the card (it looks like a sunset), is a branch and on that branch sit 3 little birds, silhouetted in the sunset. They look like they are deep in conversation :).
Behind them is a white circle, which to me is a hazy sun.
Below the birds are 3 glasses in a row.

1 + 2 = 3

Three is creativity, community, taking something 'out there'. It's an odd number so it shows some action and here we see the that; 3 little birds chatter together. The 2 birds who are positioned lower down almost look as if they are telling the other bird something - passing something on, spreading the word and the feelings about.
The initial connection shown in the 2 is blossoming into friendship and others are joining in.

This is a card that for me has a very happy vibe so I can see the interpretation of a gathering or a celebration too..

Attachments

• 3 Cups.jpg
    3 Cups.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 2,186

crystalwings

Sulis I like the "silhouetted in the sunset" :)

From top to bottom of this card the back reveals horizontal lines, giving a calm relaxed feel. From the bottom up can be seem red, orange and yellow, with their own colour associations. The scene looks like it has been pierced through from the back creating a hole about a quarter of the way down and central to reveal a glowing shimmering white light, the white light of unconditional love shines through. A branch in line with the light on the right of the card stretches diagonally across to the lower left third of the card. The diagonal branch and its offshoots show the movement in this card is all connected, even if the movement is not in the same direction it is still in harmony and may just show the diversity of thought… Two bird perch on a lower left off shoot branch, one bird faces right, the other show’s us his back, while a third bird sits higher up on the main branch facing to the left and the other birds, one meaning something new, two planning, partnerships in harmony or rivalry. In a mainly black and white deck, I see no relevance in the birds been black. Although in some cases the birds positioning may also be relevant, as in if I was drawn to seeing the bird with back facing as that of a friend that is not really a friend or something along those lines. Birds are messengers, so this could be a cheerful gathering of friends etc… Below this along the bottom of the card, three cups stand in a row. The three could be drawing are attention to cooperation, support and teamwork.

Sulis

Thanks Crystalwings, I love how you see the backgrounds, cross-hatching etc..

Sulis

"Woke up this morning, smiled at the rising sun,
3 little birds, on my doorstep,
Don't worry about a thing,
'cos every little thing's going to be alright" - "3 Little Birds" - Bob Marley

Just listened to this song and it made me smile and also made me think of the Wild Unknown's 3 of Cups :) :heart:

Pixna

"Woke up this morning, smiled at the rising sun,
3 little birds, on my doorstep,
Don't worry about a thing,
'cos every little thing's going to be alright" - "3 Little Birds" - Bob Marley

Just listened to this song and it made me smile and also made me think of the Wild Unknown's 3 of Cups :) :heart:

Lovely! That made me smile, too.

This card resonates peacefulness to me -- the kind of peace that chatter with friends sharing a cup of tea or other beverage at sunset can bring. The birds seem deeply engrossed in their conversation and attentive to each other, almost oblivious to anything else. I always find it wonderful when friends are so fully involved when they're together that the rest of the world seems nonexistent. That's how these birds seem to me -- good friends who are enjoying each other.

The three cups at the bottom of the card are very similar, perhaps indicating equality among the birds. The colors and horizontal lines add another layer of calm and serenity -- there's a flow and gentleness to them, and a gracefulness to the branch they are perched on. This card exudes the comfort, relief, and pleasure of good friends, good conversation, and loving relationships.

danieljuk

In Kim's keywords for this card she talks about amazing friends creating lasting memories. But also about the type of close connections in our lives where you can just be yourself, it's rare you have that connection. Not every person sees the real you! Like crystalwings posted about unconditional love.

To me it looks like old friends who are chatting till the sun goes down and have their drinks to hand!

This card also reminds me of the movie "Tangerine". It's a movie about Transgender people living difficult lives on the street in L.A. A feature of L.A (and a common background shot in the film) is that they have these amazing orange sunsets as the sun goes low when setting, so you have streets bathed in the orange light, just like this card. A key theme of the film (with no spoilers) is ultimately friendship, whatever happens the friendship bond of people who will always be there for you.

The best parties and social occasions are always with those people in your life. They are a special connection. This card is a great positive omen depicting close bonds and happy occasions ahead or a good natter with loved ones till the sun goes down :)