Tarot of the Origins: 2 of Soul

Aeric

The Age of Soul

The age of the soul.

How old is the soul? Does the soul really live forever? Will some part of us continue on? These questions fill my mind as I contemplate the meaning of the phrase.

I wonder what emotions cross the apprentice's face as he beholds his old mentor, at last gone to the world of the spirits, for what may be the last time. The last connection between two people who have been vessels of knowledge, wisdom, love, and power. The student must replace the master eventually. This is the final goodbye, yet the first step into a new, harsh, magical world.

I am eager, yet anxious. I know fear, yet through fear I know courage. I have done my best to prepare myself for the road ahead which I must walk alone in body. But I am the next in a long, ancient line of vessels of wisdom. One day, when I am as old as you were, I will look down at my own apprentice from the heavens. I am a scale of the Great Serpent, the endless cycle of time.

...Master, I am afraid. I don't want you to leave. You have taught me so much, and I don't know whether I will match your skill. I miss you.

Yet you reassure me you will always be with me, for the death of the body is not the last door we pass through, but the least door. The path I tread is an old one, but also one will be defined uniquely by me, tempered with your wisdom. I will walk to the beat of my own drum as I hear the echoes of your own in my mind. Our bond is eternal.

Farewell, Master. Keep me close, always...

Attachments

• Cups02.jpg
    Cups02.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 159