Prisma Visions Group Interest

Aeric

I'm feeling out people for Prisma Visions since it has started shipping. It's a wonderful deck that I'd like to study in depth, and Light Visions users may find a new dimension to their cards.

Decently-sized images are available on James' site for those who are still waiting for it.

Padma

I'd be interested, Aeric. :)

Tarot803

I'd be interested as well! Waiting for mine to arrive, but since images are available, that's not a problem for me.

Aeric

PV is very significant to me because of the four panoramas created by the Minors. What say you to starting with looking at those first, and then moving to Majors or individual Minors? How we examine the panoramas may also effect the individual Minors later.

It's Winter, so we could do the seasonal cycle, which according to the book is Winter Swords, Spring Wands, Summer Pentacles, Fall Chalices.

Padma

That's an interesting way to approach it, Aeric :) It is true the large scenes speak a lot about how it then gets broken down to individual details. In fact, that whole scene thing is really what enabled me the most into getting the deck!

Gosh, by the time my deck arrives, I will already be very familiar with it! :D

w r e n

The larger scene created by all the minors in each suit is definitely a significant aspect of this deck. I think it'd be a great idea to look at the story of each suit as a whole, move on to Majors, and then circle back to the individual minors to see if new details surface.

And I love the idea of following the seasons (though if anyone in the group happens to be in the southern hemisphere they may feel a bit left out!)

Mariqueen

sooo interested!

Mariqueen

PV is very significant to me because of the four panoramas created by the Minors. What say you to starting with looking at those first, and then moving to Majors or individual Minors? How we examine the panoramas may also effect the individual Minors later.

It's Winter, so we could do the seasonal cycle, which according to the book is Winter Swords, Spring Wands, Summer Pentacles, Fall Chalices.

what fall is chalices!? did you write that right? because looking at the imagery chalices is 100% spring to me D: and wands, fall....

Aeric

what fall is chalices!? did you write that right? because looking at the imagery chalices is 100% spring to me D: and wands, fall....
I thought so too, but Nica received the deck and quoted the book for me:

Wands: Imagination, creation, passion, dedication
Season: Spring

Chalices: Love, emotion, intuition, inundation
Season: Fall

Swords: Perception, affliction, suffering, sorrow
Season: Winter

Pentacles: Wealth, possession, the material, success
Season: Summer

James decided to depict the seasons as he saw them, so we'll start with Swords. Apologies in advance to our Southern Hemipeople, I admit personal bias.

Mariqueen

That can't be right.. I will not accept it.