Fresh ideas for a tarot meetup/study group?

minrice

Hey everybody, I'm in need of some fresh ideas for my tarot meetup group.

We've studied courts and aces and majors and last month we played the Tarot game (which was a good time). But I'm in need of some more ideas, anyone run a group or attend a group where you did something super fun or interesting?

Priestess

Making stories from the cards, 2 cards together meanings, 3 card meanings. What card are you in the group. What card do you think the person sitting next to you is (after they give a few details about themselves).....how did they come to that conclusion and pick that particular card? Do small readings for each other.

Hope something here might help.

minrice

Oooo stories! That is a good idea Priestess. I like that that idea makes tarot intuitive and not neccessarily based off of book meanings, which is part of the reason I started the group in the first place.

I'm so appreciative of the suggestions, I really am. Feel like I'm in a rut lol, and I'm feeling the pressssssssure!!! Haha. Thanks so much.

cardlady22

Do you have any Mad Libs books? Our clearance bins always have a few for a buck.

Llewellyn's 2007 Tarot Reader has an article called The Grammar of Tarot, pp. 113-120
A few of the suggestions are

Subject- Court, Verb- Minor, Direct Object- Major

Timing- Minor, Subject- Court, Verb- Minor, Direct Object- Major

minrice

interesting! Thanks Cardlady, I do have a few mad libs around. We will have to give this a try. Much appreciated!

214red

stories are good, i like to get people to pretend they are at a party or dinner party and start a dialogue as their card. what kind of party would a 2 of swords be? what kind of guest would a king of pents be? how would the 10 of swords ask you out

Manda

Sometimes when we are at a loss for a thing to do we do something called Tarot Tunnel. One person asks a question, out loud or no. Everyone pulls a card, keeps it hidden, and in turn describes the card and offers a piece of a reading. It's fun to see how different people approach the cards and the querant gets a lot of advice and perspective.

Amanda

Make a deck?

The crowned one

DO a mystery person. Use the cards to see if you can pick up the personality, traits, era, actions taken, etc and eventually name. Take turns having one person think of a famous person and the group reads and interprets a few cards at a time ( individually for feedback.)

SloughSister

If you've got someone who's skilled at leading a visualized mediation, have everyone kick back and close their eyes and allow the leader to draw cards to guide the group meditation.