Understanding the Tarot Court

GryffinSong

Is anyone interested in a study group about the book by Mary K. Greer and Tom Little? I hear all the time about people finding the courts confusing, and this book looks really interesting. I've just started reading it, and would love to share the experience with others.

Anyone want to study it with me?

If there's enough interest we can figure out how to structure our posts. Perhaps by chapter? Perhaps by the card itself? I'm literally only on page 3, so am not sure what would make the most sense. And now I'm going to read a bit more ... :)

Sulis

There is already a study group for this book: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32366

I've just had a look and the index thread needs a bit of sorting out but please feel free to add to existing threads and to start new ones.
Just let me know by PM please when a new thread is started so that I can index it.

I'll take a look at that index thread and do a bit of clarifying later.

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator.

Marieve

Thank you so much for posting the link. I'm also reading this book and didn't realize there was a study group for it. I also noticed there is one about shadow work I wondered if anybody does that. Cheers for bringing it to my attention. I never really checked the Index just assumed that all the groups are listed on the main page.

Sulis

Thank you so much for posting the link. I'm also reading this book and didn't realize there was a study group for it. I also noticed there is one about shadow work I wondered if anybody does that. Cheers for bringing it to my attention. I never really checked the Index just assumed that all the groups are listed on the main page.

Study groups only get their own sub-forum in the Individual Deck Studies area when they are almost complete studies of the deck or book they are using (when nearly all the cards have been covered). Many study groups are started and fizzle out quite quickly so we can't give every group for every deck or book it's own forum :).
Clicking the links in the Index of Study Groups thread (click) will take you to that group's index of threads covered so far.

If you're stuck with anything just send me a PM and I'll try to help :).

GryffinSong

Thanks Sulis! I didn't realize at first that that thread was about the book because the title wasn't clear. I thought it was more generic about courts.

Marieve, I also have the shadow book and would love to read and study it with others. I've looked through it a bit, and read a few chapters, but haven't really delved into it yet.

Last night I worked through the significator section of the courts book. Will try to post my thoughts later on today. It was very interesting, because I used two vastly different decks (Victoria Regina and Baroque Bohemian Cats) but found some strong similarities in my findings.