Orphalese Tarot Software

Barbaras Ahajusts

Purple Scorp is my hero!
I tried and tried to figure this one out and it didn't click till I just read her post!
Silly me. I knew Purple Scorp would know!

Barbara

redflash

Yeah, I have registered it. & yes the box is ticked. I asked on the orphalese forum about a message I was getting "resource string not found" & apparently that only happens when you are viewing the program in a language other than english ! But it happens with me. I really want to be able to do the LWB notes & my own, but I can't figure this out. xx

ooops forgot to add---when I right-click on the card & the huge list of options comes up, there is supposed to be a "card notes" button ( not the pop-up button, a different one )--it's not there in my copy !

gregory

E-mail Richard. He sent me a fix for a glitch I had once ! :D YAY Richard !!!! :love:

redflash

Richard doesn't know how to fix it either !! I even tried un-installing & re-installing. I love the program, so I really want to get it sorted ! x

purple_scorp

redflash, did you uninstall NET framework as well as Orphalese? (I'm wondering if there is something in the registry that's confusing it?)

And, if it's a NET error, have you tried googling it to see what advice is on the MS forums???

I'm still on hols and using someone else's computer to post this. :) Will be back on deck next week.

with love
purple_scorp

kwaw

I have found the notes sometimes too transparent to read. Anyone have the same problem and know how to fix it?

Kwaw

vernissage

Everyone's addressing issues... but mine is different, and I feel slightly silly for asking it.

For the first time ever today, I tried downloading this program. Whenever I try to do anything to or with the "tarotsetup.zip" file however, it tells me that "The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted." I've gone to different downloading sites for this program and they all give me the same message. I already downloaded the NET 2.0.

This seems ridiculously simple to solve, but I can't get my mind around it. Help?

Barbaras Ahajusts

Dial Up?

Vernissage,
Are you on dial up? It sounds like the zip file isn't being downloaded completly. If you are, delete the zip file that you already have, and retry downloading it.
If you are not on dial up, it might be your virus scanner stopping the zip to completly downloading to your pc.

As I keep saying, Purple Scorp, or one of our ppls will be here today to assist you!
Barbara
Edited...I know when this happens to me, I found a reboot may help view the zip as truely there, or is most definatly corrupted.

whipsilk

Redflash: Typing in your own notes

It took me a while to figure this out. So a couple of tips:

First, the Card Notes functionality is in the My Decks list. Click on My Decks when you right click and you'll see a list of your decks. Down at the bottom, in a separate section, you'll find Edit Pop-up Notes (make sure you have a deck selected and displayed first).

Okay, now you have that "grayed out" window with no card showing in it, and your deck on the screen. Select Free Selection (or press F4) and the cards will fan. Move your cursor to over one of the cards and move toward the top of the card. Once your cursor is near the top, it will turn into a funny-looking arrowhead with a circle. Left click and the card will "jump" out of the deck and display by itself. It should also now show up in your Pop-up Notes editing window. The secret is that you have to remove the card you want to edit from the deck, then you can edit it. I've now created Card Notes with several of my decks; by sorting in Ascending Order I can move through the deck, selecting one card at a time, and enter the notes in the same sequence they are in the LWB.

Hope that helps -- and I agree with others. While the tactile importance of using physical cards can't be reproduced electronically, the program is great for study and learning, assessing unbought decks, comparing the same card from different decks (it is SO easy compared to dragging out all those physical decks, finding the right cards, laying them out, etc.), and journaling. I love the program, although it will never replace the sheer physical pleasure and connectivity of reading and using actual cards.

whipsilk

Vernissage: WinZip problems

Hi Vernissage -- Let me ask a really fundamental question. Do you have WinZip or some other, similar compression/decompression program? If you do, use it to unzip all the files to a new folder (maybe called Orphalese). One of those files will be called Setup.exe (or something similar). Run that file and it should set up the program for you -- you really can't do a setup directly from the .zip file, you have to unpack it first.

If that isn't the problem, it may be truly corrupted. Delete it and then download a completely fresh version.

And you do have .NET v2 installed, right? Not sure if the program needs that before it tries to install or not.

Hope that solves your problem.