Hallowquest Lesson 3: The Goddess of the Land

witchychris

Hi Pathwalker it's great to see someone else joining in. I've just been back looking at your posts on previous lessons (I've been busy lately and not really looked back, so sorry I missed your previous posts). I must admit you are being much more thorough with you posts than I was. I wasn't quite sure how much to put down. I may have to up my game now you are here.

PathWalker

I'm just talkative :)

Actually I'm also used to journaling and diary writing, maybe that helps? And I only work part-time, which definately helps. When I get into the Courts sections, where you have to keep up week by week, maybe I'll be more brief?
I think it's how much you learn, absorb and change inwardly that really matters though, not how much you write.

Nice to travel in your company
Pathwalker

Flaxen

I've completed these lessons and managed to keep up with the daily draws which is incredible for me. :)

I've found reflecting on the Goddess of the Land really interesting. In some ways, it was a struggle to start with because I couldn't decide which 'land' to focus on. My family heritage is spread across two countries and I feel a very strong bond to both of them even though I'm currently living in the UK. In the end, I decided to work with both of them - nothing like giving yourself extra work to do!

I think I misunderstood the 'If you could visualize your land as a person...?' question as I tapped into a goddess type energy. The most illuminating point being that neither of them were necessarily related to exact same area as our modern day countries. Borders did not mean anything to them which again gave me a different understanding of the 'land' and what I actually mean by it.

All in all, a very productive week - I've got loads of notes in my journal but it is far too much to type up here. I'll keep adding reflections on my experiences in the study threads and pick out key parts but I won't have time to retype all my notes every week. :)

PathWalker

I realise that I didn't reply to your posting Flaxen, even though I was all "yeah, well done, keep going" you know?

Hope you're still enjoying the study.
Pathwalker x