Do you use special rituals, etc before starting a reading?

ChristianReader

my rituals

Before i do any reading its important for me to be in "reading mode". What i do which really helps focus my energy, gives me confidence, and helps me relax and trust the cards that appear to me. I first draw a pentagram on paper and place it in front of me or i use salt to make one. I relax my shoulders and make sure im not tense then in my head i just say my own name (Carmen)...it helps with a little inner awareness. Then i focus my mind for a few seconds on the person or situation which im doing the reading on. if its a love reading i say the persons name 3x and picture their face....Usually by then i feel a surge of energy in my forearms and hands, im in the zone lol... Sometimes i even get a specific number that i should shuffle the cards. But either way when im in reading mode its hard to get out of it and i start picking up on more than i want to. Sometimes its so overwhelming i must remove myself from the room.

Lilianne

In the work I've done so far, limited almost to the Major Arcana, while skrying I usually scent the room with an oil suited to the Atu and light a candle of the appropriate colour. If I can't get a candle of that colour I use either a white or black one. As I haven't a devoted room/temple, the difficulty is getting enough time alone and quiet to work. Solitude comes at a price in my household!

SunChariot

In the work I've done so far, limited almost to the Major Arcana, while skrying I usually scent the room with an oil suited to the Atu and light a candle of the appropriate colour. If I can't get a candle of that colour I use either a white or black one. As I haven't a devoted room/temple, the difficulty is getting enough time alone and quiet to work. Solitude comes at a price in my household!

First I want to stop and welcome you to AT. :heart: I hope your time here means as much to you as mine has to me. And trust me, that is saying a lot.

Next question....

I'm confused a bit...:heart:

Isn't Scrying about reading with crystal balls, not cards. I am learning to scry now and I do love it very much. but I don't think it has anything to do with Tarot. at least not here in Canada.

Babs

KandiSkull

I have read some great ideas and advice on this thread and am so glad I was able to read through it! I have take from this now I will try mediating and centering myself until I feel a shift into a light like trance.

I currently hold the cards completes covered in my hands and take a few deep breathes and lightly ground myself. I then repeat the question while shuffling. Then have thrashers the cut the deck three times and put it back to together. :)

tarotlova

I find just shuffling the cards puts me in the right frame while thinking of the question I want enlightenment on. But when I read online which includes a photo of the cards I now have them on a nice piece of velvet with some crystals I have charged. I sometimes write the persons name on a piece of paper and place it on my Altar and think about them while I shuffle the cards, then I ask their guides and mine to get together and help me give a good clear reading with what they need to know. I have only just started to do this and feel my readings are better. :)

DDwarks

I just talk to them out loud while shuffling, in a "Let's have you" sort of tone. LoL

It's true I swear.

Redfaery

I ground and center, then visualize purifying white light engulfing both the deck and me, while reciting my patron goddess's mantra. Or... I try to do that. I keep forgetting.

nisaba

I shuffle. That's all you need - why make it more complex than it needs to be?

orkneyfaerie

Not particularly, I do slightly different things with different decks for some reason though

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Tanga

I just talk to them out loud while shuffling, in a "Let's have you" sort of tone. LoL

It's true I swear.

:joke: :joke:
Yup - that one fits too. Usually on days when I'm "feeling sloppy" ;)
I may tap the deck on the table and say "get yourselves in order - lets do this!"
But - I also LOVE ritual, and have my own. :)

This thread may also be interesting for you KandiSkull:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=242721