Nicoletta Ceccoli's Tarot

MoonGypsy

Yes but we must wait another 300 days or so... But there is something about the standard deck "as is" that makes me feel that it is enough, to be honest. I find LoS decks very manageable and this one works nicely the way it is.

But of course I shall buy a mini. Or two.

Oh yes, it is definitely more than capable on its own; but i have a favorite spread
method i like to use which requires a standard size and a mini...

swedishfish612

I got this deck in a trade a few days ago and have been laying out the cards and just looking at them. Thankfully, I don't get the pediphelia vibe that some mentioned, but this deck really is creepy. I find it much more unsettling than the Deviant Moon, which has always felt more playful/creepy to me anyway. In the DM, the characters smile, laugh, cavort, etc. In the Ceccoli, they look like they have deep, dark secrets and can do some damage! I don't get a playful or lighthearted vibe from many of the cards.

But that's not a criticism. So far I'm rather liking these strange, unexpected images. They are unforgettable. I can't stop picking the deck up to go through it another time. I'm looking forward to finding out how they'll read for me.

La Force

Am I bad or what! Ceccoli Tarot

Wow I almost missed this deck, by minutes, (months actually) but today it was minutes. I was browsing online for all the new decks that come out in the last 13 months, seems I was MIA for that long. Low and behold This deck showed up in the list on chapters website. googled images, I totally dropped dead in love, stopped in my tracks, lost my footing, fell flat on my face. Completely "Swooned" for this deck.

Gorgeous, Gorgeous

I then read a few reviews about this deck. learned it wasn't good for beginners, that it was a light and dark deck, that the images were originally not for a tarot deck, but made to fit, best for just looking at, not a readable deck, unless your an experienced reader, bla bla bla.

I called my local chapters store to see if they had any in store. "Yes", 2 deck were in store. "Sweet, please put one on hold for me, I'm on my way up, to get it, be there in 1 hr ". Got there, purchased it, then checked out the tarot/new age section, noticed the other deck gone. It sold in that 1 hr. Glad I put the deck on hold for me, or it would've been gone as well, maybe.

Got home, settled the dogs, made a cup of coffee, took a deep breathe, closed my eyes, as I held the deck in my hands. Said to myself "Well lets see if what I read is to be true".

I opend the deck, removed the celiphane, the first card "Title Card", the last card " Tarosophy Invite card", Immediately, the word "Victorian" came to my head, the color "Ivory" the ornate designs for the borders, just with that alone, it transported me back in time 14th - 18th century, The feeling of elegance graciousness, and delicate, flowed through me.

I slowly went through the deck one card at a time, I had no problem with any of the cards, as to what the interpretations were, I picked up on each one without a hitch, I also didn't get any of those negative vibes with it either, I found the deck to be neutral, neither bad or good vibes. I didn't find any of the cards to be creepy.

What I noticed and laughed my heart out, with delight, is that Card VIII and Card XI, I'm not mentioning names here, can so totally be named either or. hahahaha lol XI can so be Justice, and VIII can so be strength if you so desire. This is wickedly perfect for my brain and way of seeing things in these to cards. the give away is the house of cards = strength, the jouster spearing the heart, the spade and pierced heart. XI the jouster spearing the creature = Justice, oh these 2 cards so very much the same.

the hermit, love it, what is cool about it, you know those places where there is energy that actually changes your perception, that fools you to be bigger, or smaller. sorry I don't remember what those places are called.

The death card, snow white and the seven dwarves, awesome.
The world card, North pole
2 of pentacles, Multi-tasking, so much so that your head is either going to pop off, here it does. lol love it.
4 of pentacles, oh I so love this card, princess looking down (upright), the greedy green grinch dice looking down (reversed)
7 of Wands, I busted out laughing, omgosh, I used to spank my kids when they were naughty, oh the kicking a screaming, "no mommy I will listen, I promise", this is so perfect for the 7 of wand, the defending child, and the disciplinarian of the parent ( dominant )

sorry I can go on and on with every card, there is not 1 card I don't like, I love them all, gorgeous, gorgeous.

here is to another deck, where you have your wish of loving every card in the deck.

and By the way I feel this deck is better suited for a beginner, the RWS is by far more complex, with all the symbolism in each card. This deck is more simplistic, which IMO is good for a beginner.

koodoos Nicoletta Ceccoli

La Force

La Force

Shocked by comments of the Ceccoli Tarot

wow, blown out of the water, holy be geezes, seriously, you've got to be kidding me, what a total flip side. OMGosh. hmmmm, let's not taint the deck shall we, Oh look the deck is tainted.

I'm so glad I didn't read this thread before I purchased this deck, glad as cat with a birdie in it's mouth.

Just because and artist depicts there mental creativity into imagery to share, their imaginative psychophysiology, doesn't mean for others to take it so literally ( give an inch, take a mile )

Here is an interesting quote from Nicoletta taken from an interview discussing her artwork:

"Who are your characters and what story or message they have?

My stories are about the mysteries of adolescence. My girls innocently and sensually allure without being completely aware of this delicate passage. In my playful way, I like to suggest a mischievous sensuality. Some of my work brings to mind the iconography of the martyrs… St. Sebastian, St. Teresa…. bodies ‘slain’ in pain, but appearing almost in the throes of pleasure at the same time. These pictures show bodies of martyrs punished and tormented, and the more wounded and tormented they are, the more they shout their sensual presence.

My protagonists are fairies that I dream of, candidly expressing cruelty, loneliness and fragility, and simultaneously flaunting beauty and madness. My work is poetic on the surface and speaks of a child’s sweetness, while the contradictions, like the dark side of a nursery rhyme, betray my deeper anxieties."

Let's be real here, come on, all of us pre-teens have wild imaginations, and we did have sexual thoughts, fantasies, etc. even as an Adolescence. There is nothing wrong with exploring your sexuality in your mind and having fun with it.

( I remember being 11 yrs old reading historical romance novels ) and nowhere was I influenced by an adult let alone pedophiled in any way. I just like those books, the way they were written. I still enjoy those books to this day.

I suggest you get some good historical romance novels and have yourself a good read, everything mention in the quote is all in those novels, even being a captive and being chained locked up in the haul of old ship, by the captain who is so sexy, hot, gorgeous of man, with strong muscular body..................(ETA: let not mention that the chic char is anywhere from 16yrs of age - 18yrs of age, and guy is 35-40+, oh my we better get writing the author, or write reviews and taint those novels. But yet, there you are buying another romance novel, cause it was so good and juicey. /ETA;End)

I feel that if you have such negative feelings of past sexual abuse, then, just then maybe it's time you deal with these issues by using this deck, so that you can move past it, Why I say this, it is obvious that you have yet to dealt with it or it wouldn't spring up in your face, when looking at the cards. Oh unless you would much prefer to Barrie it deep into your subconscious so you can take with you to your death bed and beyond. I say this with love, light, compassion and peace.

La Force

Citrin

La Force: I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on the NC! :) It's a favorite of mine. The meanings don't come to me as easily as they do for you, but I can admit I'm a bit too stuck on the RWS at times ugh! :p

I've never liked speaking of decks in terms of "beginner deck", "advanced deck" etc. If someone is really drawn to a deck, like you are with the NC, but might think the RWS doesn't look interesting at all, I say go for the NC no matter how much of a "beginner" you are! The connection with the images is so much more important than starting with something just because there are a lot of books about it or because it's old and traditional.

I have myself started a journal dedicated to the NC where I journal about each card, the feelings and thoughts it gives me, potential meanings, etc... If someone does that they end up with their own book, right? ;) Like you're saying, when a connection is made between a seeker and a deck it won't be "too advanced" because the messages and meanings come naturally. It's a beautiful thing.

Le Fanu

Just because and artist depicts there mental creativity into imagery to share, their imaginative psychophysiology, doesn't mean for others to take it so literally ( give an inch, take a mile )
Yes, La Force, I agree. I honestly think that anyone who sees this deck and thinks...er... must be pedophilic is someone who simply doesn't know how to look at art, doesn't know how art *works*. You don't look at art and think "yes it's that". There are things called allegory, metaphor, symbolism, inference and all that. it surprises me that people who read tarot aren't able to make that leap. Speaks volumes about how they must read tarot. I can't imagine a visit to a museum with this kind of person; "oh there's a still life bowl of fruit. It must be simply a bowl of fruit."

I think it shows acomplete lack of imagination and depth of thinking - sorry to be so blunt. "I see flower so it must be flower." And I really can't deal with the reaction of "but I feel this so it must be true and can't be debated". That's not really an argument. There are so many layers to these images. Ceccoli is such a fascinating artist and this really comes across in her work.

In life we really should try and get past knee jerk, obvious reactions. There's always more to the things we see - if you know how to look.

Alta

Couldn't agree more with the points of the three posters above me. NC is so far above art that is sort of like that but no depth, no understanding. I think that 'art factories' have in a way damaged our appreciation.

La Force

La Force: I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on the NC! :) It's a favorite of mine. The meanings don't come to me as easily as they do for you, but I can admit I'm a bit too stuck on the RWS at times ugh! :p

I've never liked speaking of decks in terms of "beginner deck", "advanced deck" etc. If someone is really drawn to a deck, like you are with the NC, but might think the RWS doesn't look interesting at all, I say go for the NC no matter how much of a "beginner" you are! The connection with the images is so much more important than starting with something just because there are a lot of books about it or because it's old and traditional.

I have myself started a journal dedicated to the NC where I journal about each card, the feelings and thoughts it gives me, potential meanings, etc... If someone does that they end up with their own book, right? ;) Like you're saying, when a connection is made between a seeker and a deck it won't be "too advanced" because the messages and meanings come naturally. It's a beautiful thing.

Citrin, thanks for your response, dear.

hun, the reason your a bit stuck on RWS, is that when your used to using one system, you become fixated to that system, to break the fixation, is to spend a week in the Thoth section of the forum, and in the cartomancy section (Marseille, or playing cards) this will open your mind to all possibilites of interpreting a cards meaning, making it easier for you to be flexiable in your interpretations of this deck.

I must add, that what helps make a connection to a deck, is your attitude and how you approach Tarot. Let's think here, Tarot, What is Tarot?, What is the purpose of Tarot?, What can Tarot Do for you?, How can you use Tarot? What attracts you to Tarot in the first place?

(ETA/Begin) If you answered with "Self-Development", Then this deck is Perfect for you :thumbsup: (ETA/End)

Journaling is fantastic, and yep, you end up with a BWB (Big White Book) lol.

La Force

La Force

Yes, La Force, I agree. I honestly think that anyone who sees this deck and thinks...er... must be pedophilic is someone who simply doesn't know how to look at art, doesn't know how art *works*. You don't look at art and think "yes it's that". There are things called allegory, metaphor, symbolism, inference and all that. it surprises me that people who read tarot aren't able to make that leap. Speaks volumes about how they must read tarot. I can't imagine a visit to a museum with this kind of person; "oh there's a still life bowl of fruit. It must be simply a bowl of fruit."

I think it shows acomplete lack of imagination and depth of thinking - sorry to be so blunt. "I see flower so it must be flower." And I really can't deal with the reaction of "but I feel this so it must be true and can't be debated". That's not really an argument. There are so many layers to these images. Ceccoli is such a fascinating artist and this really comes across in her work.

In life we really should try and get past knee jerk, obvious reactions. There's always more to the things we see - if you know how to look.

Oh Le Fanu, I just luv this, bang on, so agree with you too. Oh and by the way, luv your sense of humor, cracked me up this morn, fantastic. <Roaring with laughter>