Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

Lee

Thank you for your opinions and I agree it does look beautiful I just fear its wearability because of the different card stock.
I don't think you need to worry about vulnerability. The stock is thick and stiff. It's actually very hardy. The problem is that because it's not laminated, and because the card surfaces are kind of rough rather than smooth, if you try to shuffle them, the cards can't really slide against each other. You kind of have to experiment with it and find a way that feels comfortable for you.

But it's a great deck, absolutely recommended.

RiverRunsDeep

Hello all! Has anyone here played with the Tarot Esoterico? My birtyday is coming up and I would like to get a deck. I am considering that one, also Crow's Magic. There are a few others floating around my mind like the Corte Dei Tarocchi by Il Meneghello, or Robledo's Marseille, but those last two would be a bit harder to get to.

Crow's Magic looks vividly interesting, and with Tarot Esoterico I have been eyeing that decks for some time, a year or so. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yet another vote for the Corte Dei Tarocchi. :thumbsup: So beautiful and unique. And, as Lee said, no worries about wearability. The card stock is thick, matte, and sturdy. You will just have to be a little more thorough with shuffling since the cards tend to clump together rather than glide over each other.

As for Crow's Magick Tarot, many people love the deck, but I have never been able to connect with it. It feels cold and emotionless to me, and the black backgrounds make the images appear as if they are floating in the deepest part of outer space. Ugly, unknowable, standoffish, and I've never received a single message from this deck. My own opinion, of course. :D If you are somehow enabled and must have the deck, please send me a pm. I'd be happy to start a trading/selling thread. :)

Silmaril23

Kazanlar--Enable or De-enable

Ok...so, just a couple of hours ago I just bought the OOP Ananda Tarot on impulse after finding it for a really good price.

NOW...I have also found the Kazanlar Tarot, also for a VERY GOOD PRICE!!!!

Please, wonderful people, enable or de-enable me about the Kazanlar! It's on my wishlist...but not right at the TOP of my wishlist...BUT...it's a really good price!

By really good price, I mean about $30 USD....

Help! I don't actually have a ton of decks, but I don't want to accumulate a ton of decks either. But the deck-buying bug has bit me HARD...and I mean...HARD.

EDITED: I thought it was around $45, but it's actually even cheaper than that...more like $30 (plus shipping).

lantana

I'm trying to decide on whether to order the Divina Tarot (made by the creator of Spirit Speak) or Prisma Visions. I heard a whisper of a rumor that the stock for the 2nd edition of the Prisma Visions was running low, can anyone confirm that?

Anyway I'm planning on getting both at some point, just not sure which to get right now. I wish the Divina had any reviews anywhere, it's been out for a few months and even in the indie deck loving circles I'm in I haven't heard an opinion on it.

Madrigal

Ok...so, just a couple of hours ago I just bought the OOP Ananda Tarot on impulse after finding it for a really good price.

NOW...I have also found the Kazanlar Tarot, also for a VERY GOOD PRICE!!!!

Please, wonderful people, enable or de-enable me about the Kazanlar! It's on my wishlist...but not right at the TOP of my wishlist...BUT...it's a really good price!

By really good price, I mean about $30 USD....

Help! I don't actually have a ton of decks, but I don't want to accumulate a ton of decks either. But the deck-buying bug has bit me HARD...and I mean...HARD.

EDITED: I thought it was around $45, but it's actually even cheaper than that...more like $30 (plus shipping).

It's a visually gorgeous deck with a wide lens. I call it my Sufi deck. But it's not necessarily a deck for beginners to work with. If you're comfortable with the RWS system enough to be able to run with it a bit and you like intricate artwork with a Middle Eastern flair then it's for you. I'm very happy with my copy though I don't use it often.

euripides

Everyday Witch

The Everyday Witch Tarot.

This really isn't my sort of thing, as a rule - I like Serious Art, not this cutesy cartoon stuff. But for some reason I find the art absolutely charming and the character very relate-able, and I'm totally coveting it.

FYI I'm not Wiccan - went through a pagan stage a long time back and rejected the idea of deity/magic - but I'm on board with the idea of connecting to the world around us.

Do I really want this deck or will I shortly find it kitsch?

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/everyday-witch-tarot/

rylla

Kazanlar--Enable or De-enable

Kazanlar is a beautiful deck and HTF for such a good price; the only con from my point of view is that it is a somewhat busy deck and not the easiest to read with. The meaning of the cards can be related to RWS meaning but most of the time this is not obvious. It's a deck that I admire for its beauty but I don't find it very suitable for reading.

Rhinemaiden

This really isn't my sort of thing, as a rule - I like Serious Art, not this cutesy cartoon stuff. But for some reason I find the art absolutely charming and the character very relate-able, and I'm totally coveting it.

I say... GET IT! I wasn't aware of this deck until I saw your post... YOU enabled me. I just bought it. I like the positive attitudes portrayed in the art. Now I'm enabling YOU. GET IT! :thumbsup:

Penthasilia

Everyday Witch

FYI I'm not Wiccan - went through a pagan stage a long time back and rejected the idea of deity/magic - but I'm on board with the idea of connecting to the world around us.

Pros- It is RWS enough that it will provide a good reading

Cons- I think it will be annoying and too kitschy after a few uses unless you keep it as a seasonal deck.

Padma

Everyday Witch tarot

Pros - super cute images, art is illustrative and well done. Lots of cats. Men portrayed as witches, and some ambivalent characters that are neither one sex or the other. Lovely box kit with magnetic closure. Gives interesting and quirky upbeat readings. Different takes on the usual Majors depictions, making it less ho-hum - I note the Tower card, for instance, where the witch is looking rather like "wow, look what I did!" with a smile as she stands in the foreground of the ruins. It's a cheeky deck, and I like that about it.

Cons - cardstock is super thin and flexi-bendy, which makes the cards spin when you lay them down; and I find the deck does not perform well for serious or weighty questions - best used for lighter readings. Everyone in the deck is white skinned.

Sum total - great deck, unusual, light-hearted. Decent book, well produced, though light on card meanings. Nice shelf box with magnetic flap. Will also be a good deck for younger readers. Good deck for party readings, where one is trying to keep the tone light.

ETA deck is illustrated in such a way that intuitive readers will find plenty of small details to draw on.