Anna K. Study - Knight of Rods

Marirowana

We see a young knight, dressed in the two contrasting colours red and blue. He is wearing a golden hauberk and helmet. He is wearing brown leather gloves and boots. On his belt, a short sword, still in the holster. He is carrying a wand with an orange/blue banner. He is running, moving to the left, screaming something with his fist in the air. He is following a path that leads to a castle or ruin, very close to a cliff. The landscape is rocky, dry and without vegetation. The clear sky makes place for ominous dark clouds.

My first thought was that he should be in battle, attacking. But then I realised that his sword is not in use, and the wand is not a weapon. Is it a tournament? Just unguided enthousiasm? He wants to show who he is, who he works for, with his banner in the air. He wants you to hear what he has to say, and well, you will listen. He is a popular person, but may be unreliable.

He is enthousiast, acting before thinking is his life motto. He has a very raw energy, he wants to accomplish things but he doesn’t have the stability to reach his goals. I can’t help but think of a clumsy kitten: full of energy, power, dreams, on the hunt. But while he is chasing a little fluff or feather, he will fall or make a somersault, and fails his attempt. He still has to learn some skills, like patience and timing. A lot of energy will be wasted this way.

In the dark clouds I see an unclear vision, the knight is a bit blinded by his impatience and his ego. He feels the need to prove himself all the time. But the vision is not blocked by only negative energy, also by enthousiasm and joy.

The knight might have a message, but it won’t be subtle. He rather shouts it in your face. The whole image looks very dynamic, some changes may occur. Maybe a vacation, trip, sportsgame or other renewal.

I see him as a person who can fly high, but also can fall hard and deep, a person of opposites. Anyway, he will never be boring company, that’s for sure :)

Edit: I just realised that I kept saying wands instead of rods, which Anna used... Sorry.

Attachments

• KnightOfWands.jpg
    KnightOfWands.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 116

flipperjane

I much prefer Wands to rods - I wish she had called them Wands.

Again you've summed up this card really well. Yes we can feel his energy, his impetuousness, his rash behaviour. He is a lone player - not good at team work because he is too unpredictable. He is a likable fellow though - you can't but help love his 'let's have a go' attitude.

As images go - I'm not too impressed with this one - I prefer my Knights on horses - but I'm still getting acquainted with this deck so he might grow on me ;)

Harperhaven

I agree with Flipperjane. I prefer my knights on horses!

I love this deck but there are a few images that I just don't connect with and this is one of them. I don't feel it portrays his enthusiastic, impulsive, fiery nature. He actually looks more like a Page to me.