Anna K: Judgment

Grizabella

This card shows someone walking up some steps from a dark place, and coming out into bright light where an angel and some other people are joyously welcoming her in. Behind her is a figure that looks like it might be an elderly person who is huddled in a cloak and not altogether sure he/she likes the other person leaving them in the dark.

Judgment means many different things depending on where in the reading it shows up, what the surrounding cards are, the spread, etc. But mostly it means that dawn of a new day or the inspiration of a new idea. Maybe you've been very sick and now you're well again. Or maybe you've been dealing with a deep, dark secret but now you're free of it and can come back to the lighter side.

Marirowana

Behind her is a figure that looks like it might be an elderly person who is huddled in a cloak and not altogether sure he/she likes the other person leaving them in the dark.

Thank you for your insights, Grizabella. I saw the person in the dark as if he/she was also going up the stairs, but now I see the hesitation.

The angel that welcomes you to the bright new daylight, looks a lot like the angel on the Death card. I like that, because the cards are related in the way that they are both about an ending and a new beginning. But where the ending with the Death card is inevitable (sudden, with his reap), with the judgement card it is an ending by choice (growing on you, like his sprouting wand). It encourages you to take the step of renewal, forgiveness, new ideas. But you can also choose to stay, like the person in the habit. But then you -literally- stay in the shadows of those who choose to rise.

And the change will be for the better! Look at the rainbow of light, the green hills, the roots surrounding the cave. The wand of the angel that welcomes you, is alive and growing fresh young leaves.

It isn't always an easy step though, it must have been quiet a hassle to pave those five steps out there in the cave. But you did it! Now you can climb the stairs, if you want, to enjoy the sun on your face!

XX Judgement

flipperjane

I see these people coming up the stairs in turn. The figure nearest to us is just slipping her hood back, getting ready to drop the cloak on the steps as the person ahead is doing, in preparation for stepping out into the 'new' day. The angel is welcoming each person and if you take these steps the shadow will fall away behind you.
I quite like this image.

Harperhaven

I don't see the cloaked figure hesitating at all. I just think he/she is still in the dark where it's cold....waiting for their turn to step into the warm light.