Anna K. Study - King of Cups

Marirowana

It is a cozy evening in this kingdom of cups. The king is peacefully reading a book in front of the fireplace. He is sitting on a wooden chair, next to a small wooden table with three more books. We don’t know the titles, the backs are faced away from us. He is wearing blue and purple, the colours of inspiration and intuïtion. A warm blanket is covering his legs. He is wearing a simple, silver crown. The curtains are open, we can see the dark blue starless night through the clear old-style windows. On the chimney, there is a candlestick with three burning candles. Is there a painting on the wall behind the candles? There seems to be a large, copper cauldron in the fire. Does it contain hot water to make chamomile tea? There are chamomile flowers all over the place: on the chimney, in the cup, on his lap and one on the table next to the books. The sweet, honeylike smell pampers your nostrils when you enter the room.

Cups are symbol of creativity, emotions. There is a cup on the floor, filled with chamomile flowers. Chamomile is calming, soothing and balancing. This shows that he has his emotions completely under control and balanced. Chamomile is a real herb for the evening, it gives peace in your mind before you go to bed. This is what the king will do for you: help you balance out whatever stresses you out, emotionally, so you can rest. (Chamomile is also used to lighten up blond hair… Would our king secretly be a little bit idle? :D)

He is a real familyman. Being a king is a busy life, with lots of obligations, but at night the King of Cups will be at home with his family. His wife can walk in any moment with a nice cup of tea and a cookie, or one of his kids can run around to wish him goodnight. His family is everything to him. If you want to see his shadowside, all you have to do is hurt his family.

He gets great pleasure from reading and gaining wisdom, there shows a subtle smile on his face while looking at his book. He loves enriching his spirit with new knowledge. He is introspective, sometimes he needs to be out of the spotlights and retreat.

What books would he be reading?

(index)

Attachments

• KingCups.jpg
    KingCups.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 128

flipperjane

At last - am I beginning to connect? - I quite like this card.

I think it also shows great peacefulness - his nature is peaceful isn't it? I'm not sure what he's reading - a play maybe that is making him smile.

His long, casual hair also serves to make him look 'arty' and relaxed

Harperhaven

I think he'd be reading some poetry of course! Love poems! :cool2: