Reversed moon

Nytebugg

It could just pointing to the fact that you shared your dream with your friend. Brining it into the light. That your friend may think hmm...that's some dream and it might shed a little bit more light on what they think of you.

Thirteen

The Fish said:
I was waiting for someone to comment on my action in this way, so ignored that part of your message as I come here to learn more about tarot meanings not have my actions critisied
If you'd said, "I'm just interested in the meaning of the Moon RX," then you would have gotten no comment from me--but you said it in regards to a context, in regards to an action. Unfortunately, with tarot cards, your actions and why you did the reading and for what AFFECTS what the cards mean. That's the nature of the beast. The two cannot be separated. And if you are in a certain state of mind or situation, that, too affects the meaning. So my comment on your actions was not irrelevant to your question.

Learning how your actions and purpose in doing a reading affect the meaning of a card is an essential part of better understanding tarot card meanings. As you, yourself, are seeing as you're working it all out in this discussion--why you told your friend the dream, what the dream was really about, why you wanted to share it with them and what you might have been telling them in sharing it...and, yes, why you needed to know what they thought of before they replied.

Do you really think, NOW, that none of this has any bearing on the meaning of the card? On the message the tarot is trying to give you? Why, then, shoot the "messenger" for pointing that out?

As for the Moon relating to sex--absolutely. The Moon is about unbridled romance, sexual feeling, even the idea of predatory lust, animal magnitism. Upright tends to imply that one is likely to give into such feeling. Reversed, "blocking" the energy of the Moon, might mean that someone finds them uncomfortable, wrong, etc. So, yes, the Moon rx could indicate that the person feels this dream implies sexual interest and that bothers them. Likely not, but you asked for possibilities and that's definitely within the sphere and meaning of the Moon card.

pasara

I know one possible way to approach reversals for some people is as the opposite of the upright meaning. Not I, though. To me, the reversed Moon always makes me think of the idea of the dark side of the moon, where there is no illumination whatsoever, the side of the moon we can never see. So in the case of your question, I would read this as saying that what you read into the meaning of the dream was not understood by your friend and actually made him/her uncomfortable in some way.

nisaba

In the context of how a person feels about a dream about them, the Reversed Moon probably indicates that they think it is your subconscious' way of processing more twisted imagery, ie, they think it is not real in any meaningful sense.

Did they ever reply to the em ail? What did they say? Did it relate to the Moon at all? Why are you asking cards, when you asked the person themselves? That's what has me I*really* curious.

Milfoil

Hi Fish

Personally, I read the cards intuitively so what is seen on the card has to be read not merely by a traditional meaning but what I am seeing and feeling. A reversal of the Moon, as I mentioned above, puts things in such a way (to me) that I see it not as an opposite of traditional meaning but as a different way of seeing the images and meanings within the card symbols.

Dark moon - yes, I like that too.

In this case, it was drawn in answer to a question about your dream and how it was understood by your friend. That, as Thirteen says, colours how the symbols are read. If the question was "what did seeing my friend in the dream mean?", then the answer would be very different.

If you prefer to read via traditional meanings only then please disregard my interpretation. :)

The Fish

Actually Thirteen, if you read what you wrote

Quote-"It's always interesting to me when people pull cards to find out what people think about something that they've e-mailed them, rather than waiting--and accepting as valid--the person's response...But you gave into idle curiosity and did pull a card and, congratulations, now your'e worried and over thinking it. I'll give you more to worry about just for the hell of it and to teach you that sometimes it's better to just wait for a response rather than giving into idle curiosity"

Actually that is a personal comment on my actions. I was not worried, I was not doing this for the sake of idleness or because I was being inpatient. It is one way of learning about the meaning of cards, it is no different than doing a reading for the days events ahead, it's just a different way of doing a spread on something which you can then compare your reading to the actual events which transpire. Would you say to someone who did a reading for the day ahead as being inpatient or idle?

Had I just asked about the meaning of the moon rx, I would have received comments 'with reagrd to what?', therefore I gave some indication as to what I had asked to receive the reversed card.

The Fish

nisaba said:
Why are you asking cards, when you asked the person themselves? That's what has me I*really* curious.

Errm, because I might be able to see how my reading of the cards (with the help of people here) may match up the reality of the situation--is that not how we learn? How are we supposed to learn in a vacuum, with no comparison to what then actually we do find out? If you read the questions in 'your readings' do you not find that the majority of the questions would be answered in time without the cards? Er, will I get the job? Er, how will this relationship work out? etc. etc. the answer will be known soon enough, will it not?!