"Can you give me some numbers...

Debra

to win the lottery?"

Today someone asked me this four times during our reading, which was focused on her main preoccupations--family troubles and how to lighten her own heavy heart.

There wasn't anything about money in the cards, but money is a problem for her, no question.

I told her if we knew how to find the numbers, the shop would be closed and we'd all be on the beach sipping drinks with little paper umbrellas while incredibly attractive attendants painted our toenails.

But she meant it. I warned her against paying anyone money to find her lucky numbers (there's a tarot scammer in town) and showed her some candles (3 for a dollar) in different colors for different intentions. I explained how to light one with intention, release her desire, and keep her heart open for messages and opportunities. She grabbed the green for prosperity, and I said, based on the reading, take orange for strength and yellow for communication, too.

People sometimes ask about this (and if the shop sells teas that will help you lose ten pounds in a week, to which the boss answers by pointing to her own self, "nothing like that we know of.") The woman today, though, was more hopeful (and maybe more needy?) than any I've encountered so far.

I'm curious to know how often others hear this kind of request, and how you handle it.

olivia1

you won't believe what people will believe these days. I've never had anyone ask me for lotto numbers (of course, I'm new to reading) but I've actually had a few "tarot friends" who tried to get me to believe in the power of magical spell. You won't believe how many friends have sent me links to different spell casters who for about $100 can cast spells so that the man of my dreams will call me within a month. Part of me is skeptical but part of me kind of believes...I cant wait to read everyone else's experience..good thread :)

Wendywu

I had one young woman ask me for financial advice - she'd overspent hugely, couldn't meet her bills and didn't know what to do. I discovered she still lived with her parents and hadn't told them and was scared to. I was so very glad when the cards clearly said she should talk to her father and ask advice and that although he would be cross he would help, and even if he couldn't pay her bills, he'd advise her on what she should do. The young woman knew immediately it was the right thing to do and couldn't think why she hadn't thought of it before.

She didn't want me to tell her any lottery numbers though - just how she should deal with her finances and sort out her personal debt mountain.

nisaba

If cards of change and/or cards of "good fortune" do not turn up and someone asks about wins who is low on funds, I point out that the reading is not going to change their luck, and perhaps life is setting them up to learn lessons about poverty or about reward-for-effort (ie, no easy rides).

I tend to tell them to speak to an econonic adviser - hereabouts, it is possible to see them for free through a few well-known charities. They will help you maximise your budget, or speak to banks or other financial institutions on your behalf. They may even give you vouchers for part-payments on things like power bills.

Really, if a person is not going to win the lottery without a reading, they also won't win it with a reading - the reading is likely to show the way their energies are running, not actually change the whole direction of the flow.

214red

i wouldnt do it as i dont think people think properly when they ask for certain things, could they handle winning a big lottery?

they might get numbers, but only win £10 not the millions they are expecting

Apollonia

I tell them that being, or becoming, extremely wealthy is a life path issue, that we are either meant for those lessons or not, and if we are meant to be extremely wealthy, it will happen in time. Then I read on that. It takes the reading back into territory I do read on, life path and life lessons.

I also say that I cannot give them lottery numbers, but if they normally play the lottery, and if they should dream numbers, they should play them.

ETA: I just remembered listening to "Coast to Coast" on the radio last week. The host was interviewing a man who specialized in energy and vibrational healing, and he jokingly said something about the man winning the lottery. The man said very seriously that would never play the lottery, because when you win, so many of the (what--thousands, millions?) of people who lost are angry, even cursing, and that bad energy goes right into the winnings. I know there was a television show about lottery winners who went on to have stunningly horrible things happen in their lives--the show even called it a curse. So I will also tell this to my clients who ask for numbers in the future.

214red

Apollonia said:
ETA: I just remembered listening to "Coast to Coast" on the radio last week. The host was interviewing a man who specialized in energy and vibrational healing, and he jokingly said something about the man winning the lottery. The man said very seriously that would never play the lottery, because when you win, so many of the (what--thousands, millions?) of people who lost are angry, even cursing, and that bad energy goes right into the winnings. I know there was a television show about lottery winners who went on to have stunningly horrible things happen in their lives--the show even called it a curse. So I will also tell this to my clients who ask for numbers in the future.

this is a good way to say it!

I dont play the lottery because i couldnt cope with winning it, i think it would ruin my life.

Baroli

Debra said:
But she meant it. I warned her against paying anyone money to find her lucky numbers (there's a tarot scammer in town) and showed her some candles (3 for a dollar) in different colors for different intentions. I explained how to light one with intention, release her desire, and keep her heart open for messages and opportunities. She grabbed the green for prosperity, and I said, based on the reading, take orange for strength and yellow for communication, too.

So,...you sold her some candles in order for her to what,.......light them and release her desire? Ok wait, I get it,.....it's sort of a ritual? Sorry, I'm trying to understand,......it's just if I have a problem or something like that I don't need a candle I just talk to the Universe and listen for the message. I mean why buy a candle when you can just look up or out or go within yourself and talk? But I guess if you are working in a shop and they need to push candles,....you gotta do what ya gotta do.

As far as picking numbers for the lottery? Oh man, if I could do that,.....yahoo I would definitely be somewhere else, with my bloody mary in hand (don't forget the celery ;)) and just in neutral.

I don't get questions like that. I do get financial ones, but they usually pertain to a better job, or what can I do to increase my earning potential, stuff like that. If the questions really gets hardcore as in stock portfolios etc, I ask them when was the last time they saw their broker.

Debra

Baroli said:
So,...you sold her some candles in order for her to what,.......light them and release her desire? Ok wait, I get it,.....it's sort of a ritual? Sorry, I'm trying to understand,......it's just if I have a problem or something like that I don't need a candle I just talk to the Universe and listen for the message. I mean why buy a candle when you can just look up or out or go within yourself and talk? But I guess if you are working in a shop and they need to push candles,....you gotta do what ya gotta do.

LOL how funny! (I suppose that's the intent, humor?) Yeah, they push for the one dollar sales real hard at the little family metaphysical shop where I read. :rolleyes: Not. Never. The woman who owns the shop never pushes me or the other readers to sell their stuff, and she and her daughters discourage people from overspending. She believes in karma and so do I.

No advice about talking to her broker for this client, who lives on a disability check and can't afford to move out from her daughter's house where her son-in-law treats her and the kids not very well.

But to explain, seriously: She's an elderly southern Christian lady who pulled away from her church because they were pushing for donations that she can't afford. This means she doesn't have a faith community to support her. She plays the lottery, as do many people without money here, because she lives in hope. The idea of money as a burden is just not part of the picture for people here who live hand to mouth and I'm not going to be the one to tell them that poverty is really a blessing.

Some money would make a big difference in her life, but it's not the root of her troubles. She wanted to know, since I couldn't give her the winning numbers, if there was anything she could buy in the shop that would help her. I told her the universe offers opportunities and messages for how to focus her life in ways that will make her stronger and happier if she can turn her eyes away from the family problems toward her own fulfillment using the God-given talents she has that bring joy to her and others (this was in the cards).

How can I do that, she asked. I said she could focus her intent using a candle which is an awful lot like praying. It is an aid to imagination and although I wish I could say I'd invented it, this practice goes back much further than even the stock market. I told her she could use any candle she has at home or the shop has some inexpensive ones in colors that help remind her of the one need she wants to focus on most, so she can think of prosperity, like green growing plants and money, with a green one, and strength, a big orange lion, with an orange one.

She may hope the candles are magic. She believes tarot is magic, too. And isn't it.

poivre

Numbers...

When someone ask for numbers, I use their birthdate and
some numerology.

Works for them...they seem to like it!
I don't mean that they win, just they are satisfied with
my response.

ros
:)