crystal study Group; obsidian

sweetcherise13

I love the fact that you mentioned having an entire altar of black stones in your windowsill. As I too have my windowsill in my kitchen entirely made up of black stones. My granddaughters love to sit and spend time with my stones when they visit. With the exception of rose quartz, each time they go home I ask them if they would like to take a stone home. They are obviously drawn to obsidian, onyx and hematite. So I tend to make monthly trips to the local metaphysical shop and add bring home more stones with my granddaughters in mind and absolutely love seeing the girls eyes light up every time they spend time with the stones.

Aster Breo

I don't know what I'd do without obsidian. I've worn a small fire obsidian pendant all the time for years, and often add a rainbow obsidian for particularly difficult situations or people.

My other favorite black stone is my black moonstone. Absolutely gorgeous!

Hemera

Presently - I found a small obsidian howling wolf that's now on there..
An obsidian wolf ! Wow. Where does one find obsidian wolves :bugeyed: :) [want want. ..]

I love the fact that you mentioned having an entire altar of black stones in your windowsill. As I too have my windowsill in my kitchen entirely made up of black stones. My granddaughters love to sit and spend time with my stones when they visit. With the exception of rose quartz, each time they go home I ask them if they would like to take a stone home. They are obviously drawn to obsidian, onyx and hematite. So I tend to make monthly trips to the local metaphysical shop and add bring home more stones with my granddaughters in mind and absolutely love seeing the girls eyes light up every time they spend time with the stones.
Oh, how lovely! What a really great idea.

Tanga

...My other favorite black stone is my black moonstone. Absolutely gorgeous!

Photo perhaps? I googled - I've not see it in-the-flesh in black. I have a couple of white tumble stones - and found black ones like this on-line:
http://www.psychic-revelation.com/reference/a_d/crystals/moonstone_black.html

(ofcourse - some on-line pictures looked alot like Labradorite to me ...that other "Moonstone".).

An obsidian wolf ! Wow. Where does one find obsidian wolves :bugeyed: :) [want want. ..]

OK - so after exploring the farthest quarter of my memory - I found it - and was reminded that the one I have is not Obsidian. It's black Onyx. Lol.
Here:
http://www.holisticshop.co.uk/products/howling-hematite-wolf

I have some black Amber (well it's so dark it's just about black.) set in little silver ear studs.
I only occasionally wear it because black doesn't really suit me.

thequeeralien

I've always had a strong connection with obsidian (native american legacy) and it has always been such a wonderful stone to work with! I'm using obsidian right now to get myself grounded because I've recently been out of sorts and not feeling "safe" or "guided"

StaceyJ

I love Black Obsidian - it is my favourite of all crystals. It is the one I feel most energized by, it's energy is definitely not subtle. I do not feel it is too strong for me at all.
It grounds me, brings my feelings up to the surface allowing me to face and release them.
Oddly I have found that it can effect sexual energy - I am not sure if anyone else has felt that too.

Aunty Anthea

I love Black Obsidian...Oddly I have found that it can effect sexual energy - I am not sure if anyone else has felt that too.

I will buy some over the weekend and let you know if it works :joke: ;) :laugh:

JustJazzie

What an interesting thread with some great information, thank you!
I've been using obsidian recently to assist me in protecting my energy field from negative energies and it has been working quite well! It's nice to learn a little more about this stone!

EmpyreanKnight

Just bought a pair of gold sheen obsidian bracelets and they are beauts. Very interesting, since there are very few black or base chakra stones that can also be used for scrying and divination, which is usually the domain of higher chakra crystals. Most black crystals I know (like black tourmaline and onyx) are used after readings to ground the user. This is actually one you can use during readings. I do get that it can be pretty ruthless in exposing delusions, weaknesses and lies, since it is the Stone of Truth after all. I guess it isn't suggested for faint hearted querents?

With its golden sheen, it can also be used for manifestation meditations and readings. In fact, I plan to pair one of them up with almandine garnet for these.