Satanic Deck

HudsonGray

Considering rare, out of print decks with minimal runs sell for about $200 online, and OLD 200 year old decks of museum quality that interest collectors are in the range of $300-$500, and everything else falls under $100. The standard decks with hardbound book in a set generally run $36. Decks without the books generally run $20-$25. This is the average price, not the 'cheap' price. It's what the market standard is. 'Cheap' to me would be a new deck in the $10 range or a used one for less than $7.

That's why all the confusion about a $1,000 price tag, even if it is a new type of deck. The Osho Zen was a new type of deck & never came out priced that high. I wouldn't necessarily consider the time factor it took to make the deck as anything special either, most decks do take a year to make, and some decks take 6 years before the art is finished, especially if the artist is working in oils and in large size. If the artist is doing it full time instead of part time, that's their choice & the price for payment comes over time with the number of decks being bought. It just seemed like you were trying to make back your 'blood sweat & tears' as you say in the first few sales. (An unusual approach, most artists don't use that as the market is generally too savy to fall for it). Good if you did get $6,000 but I'd wait till the checks clear the bank before shipping, just in case.

smokey

Sorry Ryan,
I just saw some of your cards & have to agree with Scarab
Flight re: the artwork and I believe you to be in the wrong
re: other Tarot decks; no offense intended, just my humble
opinion as usual... (last but not least the price also.)

Kiama

Hi Ryan,

I'd like to know if your deck bears any relation to LaVey's Satanism? More specifically, if it incorporates concepts such as the Satanic Principles?

I've read both the Satanic Bible and Satanic Witch, finding both interesting but not my cup of tea. I agree that there may be a need for a Satanic deck for people who follow LaVey's Satanism, but I couldn't quite see how your deck linked in with it, if it does?

Blessings,

Kiama

Ryan

Note on The Sinister

The sinister dialectic (often called the sinister dialectic of history) is the name given to Satanic strategy - that is, (a) the use of Black Magick to change individuals/events on a significant scale; (b) to gain control and influence; and (c) the use of Satanic forms (individuals/influence etc.) to produce/provoke changes.

Ryan

Okay.

No finished picture - sorry, but this is the 'meaning' of card VII of Chalices - you will of course understand this is my intepretation of this particular symbolism and a subjective interpretation at that - but this is what my symbolism intended - to portray a general archetype.

Most of my Minor Arcana have a similar intepretation for them - but some of the pictures are literal translations into image of CB's musick - and thus one would have to find their own meanings for these - nevertheless, I'll reveal one of these meanings if only to enunciate the fundamental difference between the Sinister and the doctrines of Anton Lavey.

The Minor Arcana is based on musick - and the text is from the Self_Immolation Rite of ONA . for more information on ONA - www.orderofnineangles.cjb.net

VII Chalices

Simm Text: "Now… take your lover by the hands. Come! Fill the flowing bowl, and consummate into the waters 'neath the raging sky… drink now, your fill of love…"
Symbolism: The ambiguous nature of passion as both creation and destruction. A male figure stands over the naked sculpted Lover. With one hand he tenderly runs a finger down her face stroking her cheek. With the other he grips her throat and chokes her. She is being pushed down into the river, representative of being swallowed by Passion. The two figures are concealed down on the bank of the river by an almost oppressive bank of lilies (death). The male figure performs his ambiguous acts of passion simultaneously, hidden away in the shadows. Yet all around them the landscape is lit with forks of lightening and on the distant horizon loom stormy skies. As above, so below – the stormy skies and lightening consume the skies, the rushing rising waters of the cold river consume the land, and the two figures in the throes of passion, consume each other.

Each of these images have a concept - and have been carefully thought out - even if the art is not outstanding - it makes its point.

Ra.

HudsonGray

You're going to have to explain it all in the little white booklet I'm assuming you're going to include with your deck (it's standard, so whoever buys it can understand how to use the cards & what the basic meanings are). Have you condensed the meanings down to the bare minimum at least for the deck in preparation for this?

Ryan

Yes, MSS are included that explain how to prepare, set out, spread and use the Sinister Tarot -
with the LE Naos Deck.

I don't intend to leave those who use it in the dark - quite the contrary - but its true I do say little about what im doing and seldom go into detail - even if that detail is there.

Ryan

Meanings:

Contrary to popular tradition - this deck does not provide meanings for the Major Arcana - neither Ona or I have done this. The reason being that the cards are intended to be meditated upon and ones own journey undertaken into the archetypal world of the tarot. This is as it should be,

However there are detailed explanations on the Concepts used within the three sections, of Minor Arcana (which are the 2-7 and Aces), Major Arcana (the 21 Maj) and the "Court Cards" which stem both from Ona writings and my own - since I have expanded on and introduced new elements into the equation.

Ryan

Nine Satanic Statements?

Kiana,

While "Laveyism" does not feature in my cards regarding my Satanic interpretations - I did in fact use a few of the 21 Satanic Points,

Never Love anything so much you cannot see it Die,

He he stands atop the pyramid of skulls sees the furtherest, etc...

sometimes literally, othertimes more as a theme for my art,
Laveyan or otherwise - I see great merit in these.

Regards,
Ra.

Ryan

Kiama,

not Kiana, I should have said.